AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

thanks, I got most of it squared away I think. 

You'll be fine with Redsnow if you're only using the phone in the car with the Pioneer. My jailbroken iPod touch running iOS 6.1.3 and Rednow only rarely needs to be rebooted with some Cydia app upgrades, otherwise totally stable.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so I've been following this thread for a while and it was one of the primary reasons why I purchased the AVH-X7500BT Pioneer head unit. I just got my system installed this past weekend and I just started messing with the AppRadio last night. I seem to be running into issues however. When I start up AppRadio and try to click on Maps or even Photos it tells me the car must be parked. Not only was I parked and not even moving, but when I had my system installed I made sure the Parking Brake was bypassed. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would be happening? I even got the CarBrowser app and was trying that out and I managed to get it to pop up once but it usually gave me the same message as the other apps...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Ok so I've been following this thread for a while and it was one of the primary reasons why I purchased the AVH-X7500BT Pioneer head unit. I just got my system installed this past weekend and I just started messing with the AppRadio last night. I seem to be running into issues however. When I start up AppRadio and try to click on Maps or even Photos it tells me the car must be parked. Not only was I parked and not even moving, but when I had my system installed I made sure the Parking Brake was bypassed. Does anyone have any idea as to why this would be happening? I even got the CarBrowser app and was trying that out and I managed to get it to pop up once but it usually gave me the same message as the other apps...Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and I look forward to hearing back from you guys!

Your parking brake is not bypassed.

Ok thanks for the input guys. I'm taking it in to have it looked at today. Clearly he did something wrong. I was testing the AppRadio feature when I first noticed problems but, after you guys suggested it wasn't properly hooked up, I threw a DVD in there and I could only hear audio but no video and it clearly says in the manual that the parking brake cable isn't connected. Thanks again for the help...can't wait to mess with this AppRadio!

Just posted an update:

• Fixed the auto rotate issues. Safari seems to run in a special sandbox, so it still doesn't rotate.
  • Updated the Pandora home button to bookmark on double tap (just keep pressing the bookmark button quickly a bunch of times).
  • The AppRadio app is now killed when you unplug the cable.
  • Added the Home button to the AppRadio app menu.

I still don't know what's causing the resize issue. The triangles on the sides of the app is actually the ends of the AppRadio app dock across the bottom. I'm thinking it's a problem with overscan but everything I tried hasn't worked yet.

Just posted an update:

• Fixed the auto rotate issues. Safari seems to run in a special sandbox, so it still doesn't rotate.
  • Updated the Pandora home button to bookmark on double tap (just keep pressing the bookmark button quickly a bunch of times).
  • The AppRadio app is now killed when you unplug the cable.
  • Added the Home button to the AppRadio app menu.

I still don't know what's causing the resize issue. The triangles on the sides of the app is actually the ends of the AppRadio app dock across the bottom. I'm thinking it's a problem with overscan but everything I tried hasn't worked yet.

Thanks Mike. Any more thoughts on mirroring apps like Pandora?

• RonS locked this topic