AVIC411.com

Hello All,

Today I finally installed my new P8400 and it's smokin. Not only did it bring my car's speakers to life giving it amazing sound the interface is awesome. I really like it.

Finding some things that I wasn't expecting and maybe there is a way to change the setting.

If I have my phone plugged in and I turn on bluetooth (to get calls and make calls) it disables the sound playback via the iPod. Is there a way that I can continue to listen to the iPod from my phone and have the bluetooth on?

I thought that's why you buy the ipod cable (I got the advanced app one) so that you have your phone and everything work through the cable.

I downloaded the "AppRadio" app for my iPhone is that the correct one? Or is there an advanced app radio? Also what does advanced enable on my phone? I live in Costa Rica, can I try to enable functionality with my phone's apps like, skype or wayz?

Also does anyone happen to have a 2007 Nissan Pathfinder with the Steering Wheel Control interface? I have it, just couldn't sort out which wires go where.

I appreciate in advance any help!

Nick

The phone is Bluetooth not AppRadio enabled. AppRadio is designed to allow you to use the apps on your phone through the HU, unfortunately the phone app is only bluetooth. Sounds like you should do a little more reading on AppRadio and iPhone. The Apps on your phone that you want to use via AppRadio have to be AppRadio enabled.

Look here, AppRadio .. You will find more info on enabled apps and how it works. This site is for the actual AppRadio HU, but the app list and other information applies to the 8400

What steering wheel controls do you have? Need that info to help you there.

Ok I see that AppRadio is really just a HU.

I guess I was confused on the verbage. I have the "Advanced App Mode" with my P8400.

I can't figure out how to get it to work. Do I need to download something to my phone or does Pioneer just know to connect? How do I get the app's to appear on my screen? The only icon I have on the P8400 is Pandora.

Edit: This video is awesome and explained everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgaY7PMx9vk

Man this can't be good. I connected the usb on USB / Input 2 instead of Input 1. That means I gotta pull it out and why I'm not getting Advanced App Mode :(

Won't take more than 15 min but still waste of time, good idea to read the manual :(

@NickCR

You CAN have the iPod plugged in and bluetooth turned on at all times.... Theres a small glitch when you are on iPod mode and then enable the Bluetooth after... the sound goes off because of the way sound sources are prioritized... you'll see the time moving on the music but no sound... ALL you have to do is open the music player on your iPhone or iPod and press the airplay icon and change it to Dock Connector.. the sound will come back... I spoke to a Pioneer rep who told me this was an Apple "glitch" that should be addressed in the future by Apple...It's really not much of an issue...

I have my unit set up to automatically sync with my iphone over bluetooth every time i turn the radio on... If you wait until after bluetooth sync has occured to switch to ipod you most likely wont experience this ...if you need to make a call while in iPod simply go to the phone icon on your radio and dial out... music will obviously stop playing while on call and then resume after....

Also, you have the right app... this is not an app radio unit but it supports advanced app mode via the IU201s cable... this lets you do anything from watch videos from your iphone/ipod on your radio to access your photos, calendar, google maps, Pandora, from your radio... I recommend you download Motion X GPS Drive... its a navigation app made to work with this radio and it's great! Also, check out mixtrax!

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BRAKE BYPASS AND THAT YOU HAVE PRESSED MODE ON YOUR RADIO AND CLOSED OUT THE DISCLAIMERS REGARDING WATCHING VIDEOS WHILE DRIVING.... This is to see the apps on the screen!

solrac, thanks for your response.

That makes so much sense about using the iPhone to switch the output! Now that I think of it, "DUH". :)

I have my syncing automatically with the deck as well just couldn't figure out that issue with the iPod but now it makes sense.

I have the brake bypass installed per the instructions. Still need to test some videos to make sure it's working, maybe I'll grab a DVD and see it play or something.

The advanced app mode isn't working though because I put the USB plug in the wrong port. I didn't know and failed to read the instructions. Will run down and change that all here shortly.

@hkn2: I think you'll have more luck, posting your own thread.

After running this for a few days now, I find it to be a bit quirky.

Connecting to the dock every time is a bit cumbersome, especially when you just run to the store. I don't really have long drives, just short 5 min to the store and back. Sure on longer trips this would make more sense.

The interface is nice but ideally we just need everything to be wireless :)

So you spent the money on this unit for very short trips?

The main reason I got the unit was because my stock system doesn't have bluetooth at all and wanted a system that integrated with my phone so I could answer / call without touching my phone (handfree). I needed the new unit to be a 2 din as that made the easiest replacement in my truck.

Sure we take trips that are sometimes an hour or two, so the features will come in handy on those longer trips.

Personally I like quality products. I think this unit is quality, no doubt there. I guess in a couple years I'll have my wish with everything going more and more wireless. Ideally I'd like the radio to only be an amplifier for the media / apps I play through my phone. Since coming here I learned that such products exist but wasn't aware when I bought mine. I have owned a Parrot Asteroid and I actually really liked that radio but being a 1 DIN it didn't work in my new truck ( I know I could have adapted it but not really the look I was going for ).

I think the GUI of the P8400 is fantastic and highly recommend it. Just would love to have my phone pair up and be app mode functional :)