AVIC411.com

I have recently installed a Z140Bt in my avalanche. I used the axxess module GMOS04 and the AWSC. I have connected all the wires that seemed reasonable. Now the mute (ATT) comes on randomly. I went for a 2.5 drive yeaterday. first half was great no mute, then the mute slowly started to kick in, now it's almost always on. I am thinking I need to disconnect the mute wire. Comments pls? BTW great forum here.

Had the same problem with my axxess steering wheel control module.

2010 Subaru WRX

AVIC-Z140BH

Not sure on the Avalance specific install, but...

I would check the vehicle specific install manual from axxess's web site and check if everything is wired right.

If they are...

I used mine right when I turned it on for the first time, apparentally your not suppose to use the steering wheel controls for at least 30 seconds wile it auto-programs. Found that out the hard way, it messed up the mute (ATT) functions. I didn't want to manually program it, so I swapped it out with a new one from my local stereo shop (they we cool with it b/c I got the AVIZ-Z140BH from them. I believe you can reset it do it auto-programs (not sure thought).

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I had the 110 and this happened whenever the truck would sit out in the heat until I ran the air for about 10 minutes and cooled the system down and then it ran without a problem. Pioneer said it was a problem with installation, but I had it down by a professional and so I new that was not the case. I lived with it for two years when I moved to Georgia right after I had it installed in Alaska. Finally found a shop that would do the bypass 3 months ago and have not had the problem since and it has been hotter than ever. So if you have not had the bypass done I think that might be the answer to your problem. It cost me 40 bucks to get it done.

Greg