AVIC411.com

no voice from voice commands or phone calls

I just re-installed my Z2 in my 2008 Jeep Cheekoe. everything works great except i have no voice from the voice command, navi, or phone calls. all the volumes are are max out. VC recognizes what i want the radio to do but I dont hear anything. It makes calls but i can hear the person on the other side... Whats makes it worst is it worked prefect in my 2005 chevy Colorado and the jeep is my wifes truck and thats the only thing she wants to work. I need some help?

hmmmm. Try this...

Check your AV settings under AV, AV Settings, System settings, "guide/tel sp". The options would be Left, Right, or L & R. then confirm that you have front speakers connected. The guide, tel, voice commands, etc will only pass through the front speakers (or the speakers connected to the front outputs).

• 1 month later...

i have the same problem it just happened when i uninstalled the unit to fix the cover. after reinstalling it there was no voice command/phone calls and even the am/fm stations were gone. the primary problem i had is "unreadable disc". but my library where my music are recorded on the hd is working. i check the audio settings again and again and even the connections but no luck. can i answer your question mr. garrettoomey? i have 4 speakers(2-l/r front and 2-l/r rear) and no amps. it's installed on my 2001 toyota sequoia. thanks.

• 2 months later...

i'm sorry mr. garrettoomey it should be the VOICE GUIDANCE not the voice command or are they the same. How do i update my software when infact the other problem is the DISC IS UNREADABLE? Thanks.

Check the hacks section. The upgrade can be done by connecting your hard drive directly to a pc, or replacing the drive with one already upgraded.

thanks for the info. if i upgrade my z2 will the other problem be corrected too like the "unreadable disc" error and the am/fm stations? thanks again

Martyx11 would be the best person to answer the am/fm question. I doubt it will fix the "unreadable disc" error, as this is typically a hardware (laser) issue.

actually the problem is the error message when i insert a cd or a dvd "unreadable disc" so i replaced the laser optic. but the error message still there and then there's no am/fm signal anymore, the voice guidance and ringtone if my phone connected to the bluetooth. i checked all connections and the wirings and i rewire it correctly and also the setup. thsanks.