AVIC411.com

[BOUNTY] Full Android Control with the Appradio 2 $600 so far!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got a chance to test it, and turns off the screen on my Galaxy Nexus...

Can't test with the AppRadio though because I don't have an MHL cable (I returned all the cheap ones I bought and cant decided whether to buy the official connectivity kit or modify a cheap one as kagronick suggested.)

There's a couple of threads on this topic at appradioforums.com. The app named tasker can be your friend. Either I have no memory left or my method of pairing changes each time, but I have the best luck connecting the phone (both hdmi and usb) first, then starting ARL, then starting the vehicle.

texbuck

Says it works with all devices including the Galaxy Nexus (AMOLED), by just turning the screen brightness to 0.

Better link: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1934495

Turning the brightness to 0 on an AMOLED screen does not blank the screen, just turns off the backlight. There have been apps out that do that for a long while. There is someone developing a new method of switching off the voltage to the screen which should blank it properly.

Turning the brightness to 0 on an AMOLED screen does not blank the screen, just turns off the backlight. There have been apps out that do that for a long while. There is someone developing a new method of switching off the voltage to the screen which should blank it properly.

Ok, but turning off the backlight saves battery and keeps the phone from over heating, the main problems when trying to mirror MHL for long periods of time.

There is no backlight on an AMOLED screen. The pixels themselves light up. It turns the brightness down to 0, which isn't the same as shutting off the backlight.

BTW, this does not work on my S3. If the screen brightness is turned to 0, the phone goes into standby mode.