AVIC411.com

manufactured dates do not match... what an idiot i am>&gt

This is a big problem. I have been having problems with my z-1 . It was installed by circuit city. I was working on it today with cc when i noticed a bit of a problem.

On the box for the z1 it says manufactured date is aug 06. On the unit itself it says june 06. I did the bypass for 07/06. Now while i am driving i am getting an error message for the parking brake wire not properly grounded or connected.

I bought a 4 yr service plan on unit and the kid at cc is trying to get me another unit saying it is defected. If this is not possible because there are not many z-1 to be had WHAT CAN I DO ????????????/ AM I SCREWED OR IS THIS A MINOR FIX?????????????????????

I know someone out there can help me.. And maybe this will help someone else. I guess we can not trust the box we have to check the unit for the serial number and man date..

Thank you in advance :lol::lol:

mark

massachusetts......

ps. i love my z1 and just want it to work properly>>>>>>>>>>

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3039&start=0

Download the iso file and use it to burn the image to a CD (either with Nero or Image burn or something). Then stick it in your drive and hit MAP. Hopefully you won't have a problem with the update. A very few people have had big problems with the update (including me, 99% and it fails, I have heard from 6 or 7 people who had this happen too). But most people get the install to work without a hitch. If you run into problems, post something here and someone can try to help walk you through the 99% failed fix.

you should also be able to get the update from pioneer, since cc is a authorized dealer of pioneer. its all legit. oh and go ahead and reset your unit so the parking brake error goes away.

also, did you notice if the serial number matched when the manu. date didnt? maybe you got a different box