AVIC411.com

Bluetooth Fix With Ducati's Circuit

No need to remove it other than it really won't have a purpose. It won't hurt anything to leave it in there.

If you choose to remove it, do you want info on what to connect to what?

If you choose to leave it in there, don't change anything. It can stay in there if you don't want to bother.

I guess if I can leave it in there without changing any wires, that would probably be best. I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to electrical wiring and I'm nervous already as it is with having to pull out wires from the Z1 (after I install the Bluetooth fix CD).

Ducatiboy, from the bypass instructions on your website, where would I find the green parking brake sense wire? Is this connected directly to the Z1? If so, where?

When you say "ground the wire" could I just tape up the end with electrical tape and leave it hanging?

Please excuse the noob questions - I had the Z1 professionally installed so I don't really know how the wiring was configured.

Thanks!

I guess if I can leave it in there without changing any wires, that would probably be best. I'm somewhat of a noob when it comes to electrical wiring and I'm nervous already as it is with having to pull out wires from the Z1 (after I install the Bluetooth fix CD).

Yah, you can do that, it's fine.

Ducatiboy, from the bypass instructions on your website, where would I find the green parking brake sense wire? Is this connected directly to the Z1?

Yes it's on a connector which is plugged into the back of the Z1.

If so, where?

I believe its on the same connector that power and ground is on.

When you say "ground the wire" could I just tape up the end with electrical tape and leave it hanging?

No, "ground" is the "negative terminal" of the battery. This is connected to the engine block, the car's frame and tons of places in the vehicle. It's a very common thing used in your vehicle and instead of every device that needs a ground in your car needing to run a wire to the negative terminal of the battery, since it's pretty much connected to every "metal" part in your car, it's a short cut to get a ground. Any metal cross member behind your dash would probably be "ground". Also in the back of the Z1 there is a black wire that comes off the Z1. That's connected to the vehicle's ground. You need to connect the correct wires together. If you just tape it up and leave it hanging, it's not connected to anything and the general term is "floating".

Please excuse the noob questions - I had the Z1 professionally installed so I don't really know how the wiring was configured.

Thanks!

I don't mean to be a smartass, but if you don't know how to "ground a wire" in a vehicle I would highly recommend getting someone more knowledgeable about this stuff to help you or do it for you. I don't think that anything anyone can type here can teach you the correct procedures to take with the wires behind your dash.

I'm all for people trying new things and learning, but you might need a tutor for some of this stuff. Just a thought.

Thanks for the tips Ducatiboy. So you're saying that if i were to wrap the parking sense wire to a metal bolt/screw or part of the frame, I'd be grounding it properly? Or would I need to connect it to the Z1's black wire?

I think I remember reading somewhere that the wiring distance should be short so as not to cause too much resistance.

Thanks for the tips Ducatiboy. So you're saying that if i were to wrap the parking sense wire to a metal bolt/screw or part of the frame, I'd be grounding it properly? Or would I need to connect it to the Z1's black wire?

Yes, either one should do the trick.