AVIC411.com

Antennas: GPS & XM!?!?

I just ordered a 2007 Seqouia WITHOUT a Nav because I had my eye on the AVIC-Z1.

I've learned from this TERRIFIC forum how to enable the Nav while the vehicle is moving (sort of - at least I know there is a solution).

(sorry for the thousand questions below, but this will make the difference between a Kenwood, Stock or this unit...Tx)

I had been concerned about having to mount both antennas magnetically on the roof ( it looks like a retrofit and has the wires hanging out...etc.).

1. Reading the below posts, my understanding is both these antennas can be mounted UNDER the dash and still work? IS that true?

2.Has anyone had experience with this unit in the Seqouia?

3. WIll a "certified Pioneer" installer know how and where to mount the antennas and where to mount, under the dash?

4. Any ideas on how I can make sure this unit is MFGed after 8/2006 to minimize the amount of E-brake bypass steps and/or circuit (if I understand SMinnTech post accurately).

Again, folks, thanks for the help. I really want this unit but can't tolerate the e-brake bypass.

I have the Tundra (same as Seqouia) and My antennas placement for both Xm and Navi is on the roof (xm) is too the left and Navi placement antennas is on the right windshield header on the roof (perfect placement)

The E brake deal has been solved with the flasher Mod..

If your on Ts which i think you might be Tundrav8georgia is my user name..

Erik

Thanks for the data.

I went by Best Buy to 'interview' their installer :-), and he was suggesting putting both in the middle, right above the front windshield on the roof. He had one in the shop at the time and it looked pretty good. He said putting in the vehicle cuts the signal 30%...

I just ordered my Z1 and XM module, and my 2007 Sequoia will be here in a couple of months.

I think since my unit is likely to be built after 12/2006, I will have to pull out of the dash and wire up a mod.

DId you buy the digital interface module to use the JBL amp and how did it work?