AVIC411.com

App Radio/App Radio 2 Bypass Confirmed!!!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello guys, I am kind of new to the whole Appradio 2 thing being that I just got it yesterday. I am in the process of installing it and I was reading around but I have not been able to get it confirmed whether the relay bypass still work with the latest firmware 8.3. i have been doing some research all over but i have not been able to get a definitive answer. Can someone help?

Have been tossing around with the bypass on a relay for ages and have come to the conclusion that (if using a relay on the remote wire), you have to open the relay first, by selecting the 'sound-off' icon pretty much straight after you fire up, then go into your 'apps' icon and the delay before the relay closes again seems enough to keep the AR(2) happy.

Just my findings if that assists anyone.

For what its worth I am using the Microbypass and it works without issue. For twenty bucks without having to use a potentially complicated programing proceeder it cant be beat. And according to the guy that runs this company, he is contracted by Pioneer to provide all the bypasses for their units at trade shows and gets the bypass info straight from them. He also offers a 5 year guarantee so if they do change something in firmware that renders the bypass useless he will replace it with an updated one for free.

Ok so I just installed my TR7 Pro from PAC ($30 on Amazon), and the unit seems to be bypassing just fine.  I have an APPradio da02 which is a 1st Gen installed in my 2004 F-150.

I used the "Clarion" Preset

Attached the following wires.

TR7 Pro   -   Radio

Green      -   Blue

Blue         -   Green

Black       -    Black (Ground)

Red         -    Red (12v Switched)

I'll update after a while.

Something else I found out...  Before the TR7 Pro, I had a simple relay installed and that worked, IF, I did the following:

1) Turn the Truck on (ACC or start)

2) Wait for relay to click

3) Turn truck off (make sure the radio turns off too, you may have to open your truck door to get the radio to switch off)

4) Turn the truck back on 

5) Wait for relay to click 

That's it... Annoying? Yes! But, if you already installed a relay, at least it will get you by for a while.

Not sure what you mean.  Could you please clarify.

Zeta wants to know if the US software could be compared to the EU software to see why the EU allows the brake wire to be grounded and then edit the US software. Good question.