AVIC411.com

As a rule, I never buy extended warranties. It's a sucker bet. The only exception is - if loss of the insured item (which is what the warranty is) would be extremely catastropic to my lifestyle. An electronic toy would not qualify.

Yes, I'm assuming a risk that I may have to suffer a loss from time to time. I feel comfortable taking that risk vs the money I save over a lifetime of not falling for the scam.

I just purchased the 4 yr warranty from squaretrade for my z140bh that I bought off Ebay new. My 920bt just crapped out on me last month and it's been over a year ($400 to fix), prior to that I had a D2 and was having problems with that one also after 2 yrs.

I usually never get extended warranties but lately on Pioneer's stuff I feel they are worth it.

$150 buys my piece of mind from the screen going black, the DVD not ejecting or the faceplate getting stuck in a weird position. I don't know about you but shelling out $1000 a year for a new stereo sounds absurd to me.