AVIC411.com

AVIC 940 BT installation with Boyo rear view camera

Just received my 940BT with Boyo rear view camera for my Audi A4 2002 !!!!! I called around and the installation charges are 210-230$. Want to know if this is a normal price for installing the unit. Also, am i suppose to update anything on the unit before taking for installation. Crutchfield sent some instructions on installing and seemed pretty straight forward but wanted to get some advice from someone who has done it. THANKS!!!!!!!!

I paid a similar amount for installation the same components in my 2005 camry. I'm happy with the result. The unit is new this Spring, so my maps and firmware were up to date. I'm not mechanically inclined, so I didn't mind paying.

Just received my 940BT with Boyo rear view camera for my Audi A4 2002 !!!!! I called around and the installation charges are 210-230$. Want to know if this is a normal price for installing the unit. Also, am i suppose to update anything on the unit before taking for installation. Crutchfield sent some instructions on installing and seemed pretty straight forward but wanted to get some advice from someone who has done it. THANKS!!!!!!!!

That's in the ballpark of what I paid to install my 940 and rear view camera (license plate type). I supplied the harness, camera, and dash adapter. I had mine done at Best Buy - I know they don't have the best of reputations but they are very convenient and have provided good service. Go for it and tell us how it went!

Thanks all for your feedback. I was thinking about Best buy near me as well since they are convienient. I got this unit from Crutchfield and it includes everything needed for the installaton i think except the Pioneer cable for IPOD which i ordered seperately. Is there anything else needed before i take it to the mechanic (especially for the rear view camera since i couldn't find much info on it). Will BB do the bypass to allow video to play when handbrake is not on (to keep my 2 year old entertained!!) or is it something easy and can be done on my own. THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

They will need an antenna adapter, but they will likely have it in stock. The iPod cable isn't required when you install the HU. The cable it plugs into is long enough to make it to my glove box. If/when I get an iPod, I shouldn't have to take the dash apart to connect the iPod cable to the HU. I just plug it into that cable.

As I say, Best Buy doesn't have the best of reputations, but this should be a fairly straightforward installation so I wouldn't worry. The nice thing about their doing it is that you can take it back to get it just the way you want it and if you go to sell your car, they will replace your Pioneer with your old radio for free. That's pretty nice!

I finally got mine installed...i went to my regular trusted mechanic for the install instead of Best buy...he estimated 4-5 hours but ended up taking 9 hours for the install!!! Partly because he doesn't do this often and also he was trying to tuck in the wires as nicely as possible...and he had to re-do some stuff because the camera was mounted upside down and GPS signal was not there...ANyways, finally GLAD to have this installed.

But my bypass doesn't work...he did exactly as mentioned in the video (move mute wire up and ground 3 wires together. But my video cuts off after 40-45 speed...still trying to research why it does not work.

I love the sound...the regular IPOD cable did not work, so waiting for the one mentioned for this unit to arrive. Also, does anyone know if we can sync more than one phone via Bluetooth....I have android and my wife has iphone. I synced the Iphone with Bluetooth but now when i try to do the same with android, it says that it has to disconnect the other phone. Also, music is not playing via bluetooth for some reason. Thanks!!

Hi coolguy,

Glad you got your unit installed. I don't know about most of the stuff you asked about since I don't have an iPod and didn't try the bypass (though the bypass from that video is known to work). It is interesting that the video cuts off at such a high speed, though.

I don't think you can have two phones talking to he head unit at the same time. After all, the process is called "pairing"! :mrgreen:

I haven't tried to do bluetooth music either - for me, the microSD card is too easy (I don't get album art, though even though I get it from the mp3 files via RealPlayer on my PC).

Thanks for your help. I was able to connect Android phone as well. In fact, Android connection is better as i can control Pandora etc. via Blue tooth. Radio reception was bad so i went back to the installer...he opened it up and "juiced" the antenna. The stations are coming better now but still the reception is not as good as my factory symphony radio.

Only other thing which i am not too happy about is the bypass not working, the yellow mute wire is seated correctly and the installer checked it again when he fixed the radio antenna. Going to try SD card in 1-2 days. But so far i am pretty happy with the unit!!!!!!!!