AVIC411.com

Pioneer will want you to give them a call. If the unit is fairly new, just return it.

This thread seems somewhat informative.

http://avic411.com/i...-os-file-error/

I don't know enough (yet) about this radio, but have you tried reloading the firmware for the hell of it? If it's intermittent like the thread I linked, it's probably a hardware error and not worth the time.

I can't find my receipt I'm screwed

It's an Appradio 2 right? It's definitely under warranty. If they give you shit about not being able to validate warranty, give them shit. Did you use a credit card, you may be able to use that.

It shouldn't matter anyway - call them back, tell them the situation, and let them know that there is NO possible way that this isn't under warranty. They can't deny warranty on it. If they try to pull that "not bought from an Authorized dealer crap" ask to speak to a manager or file a complaint with the BBB.

simple....buy another appradio...with ticket...

so use the ticket to the os error appradio to return it to the "garanty service"

....install yourself the new one...while the other is at repair service

when repaired, sell it :P

• 1 year later...

I figured out how to fix the os error on the AppRadio SPH-DA02. Go to the firmware updates for the SPH-DA01 at http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio/AppRadio+%28SPH-DA01%29?tab=firmware and download the OS update that came with the v2.63 update. Ignore the warning that this is only for the SPH-DA01 and follow only the OS update instructions. This will reload the OS and fix the problem. Pioneer wanted $80 just to look at the radio, and since it wasn't working I figured I had nothing to lose by trying the OS update for the -DA01. Luckily it worked. I now have a working radio again and I saved $80.