AVIC411.com

Android Phone Compatibility

I have the Pioneer AVIC Z130BT. I love it, for the most part... I had a blackberry curve that was 3 yrs old and didn't expect anything other than bluetooth connection for phone calls, making calls and answering calls was flawless. I just picked up the Samsung Galaxy S3 and I love it. I get the same results for phone calls as before, but I'm wondering what else, if anything, the pioneer headunit is compatible with, with the Android phone. There's tons of support for the iPhone, but I don't have one lol... I downloaded AppRadio last night before realizing it's for the AppRadio headunit.

Only advantage I've noticed so far with the Android phone over the Blackberry is that when I streamed Pandora over Bluetooth with the Blackberry I'd have to restart the app after every song. The Galaxy continues to stream music.

Anything cool, or apps I can download to improve the in car experience with all this technology???

Thanks! I couldn't find much on Pioneer website or google...

There's absolutely no app support on the Z130 for Android. Only BT. Then, depending on your phone and the audio application you are using, you might be aply to use the Play, Pause, Fwd, Back keys to control audio playback. You usually can see ID3 tags. That's about it. I guess a Z140 has some more Android support, but I don't have one and haven't been interested in doing any more with my phone.