AVIC411.com

Just installed App Radio 2 (SPH-DA100)

WOW just wow. This thing is fun. Ill snap a few pics but im sure you all know what it looks like. LOL. Anyways, I had it professionally installed. Upgraded from the stock 6 disk cd player in my 2008 ford fusion. What a difference. I do have a few issues with my unit. But i think its all user error. I cant for the life of me get Any GPS other than waz and the stock google maps to work. I can get Navfree to boot but it turns my screen black and i have to input everything on my phone. It just never displays on the screen.

I also tried installing APP extensions and its great but i cant for the life of me get Angry Birds to show up on the screen either. I can get sound but no video.

For NavFree, did you enable TV out from the settings on the phone itself? That might be the issue. I was using that app for a few days but it was completly unreliable for me. I've switched to Motion X and paid the $25 to enable on-screen commands. That app works beautifully and is very accurate. In my experience, it is 100x better than NavFree.

I cant for the life of me get Any GPS other than waz and the stock google maps to work.

You running an Android or iPhone? I've noticed that when I run the satnav program that came with my phone, it won't get a satelite signal but when I unplugit, it works fine. My thought is that the AppRadio app dedicates the GPS antenna in the headunit to an 'authorized" app; their piece of crap version of Google Maps.