AVIC411.com

2012 maps

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody know whats new on the disc apart from the maps? Do you think if they are tomtom maps then tomtoms camera base can be used or their POI's ? You boys in USA are lucky your update discs are $120 our ones are £250. About 3 times the cost of yours.

My 2012 CNDV-1100HD arrived today and took about just over 3 hours to install.

The kit includes the installation manual and 2 DVD's. In order to install, you still need to generate a "password" from pioneer's website using the Avic's Service Number (serial number) and the Media Number included in the kit. You can only generate the password for 1 Service Number.

Here are the updates according to the update installation manual:

1. Map database is renewed.

2. POI database is renewed. (approximately 12 million included in database)

3. Gracenote database is renewed.

4. "Driver's View" mode on the map view and "3D" setting in "Close Up View" are not available.

5. XM Satelite Radio in the lineup and icon of the broadcast station.

The other operations are essentially the same as those at the time you purchased the hardware.

The TOM TOM maps look the same as the old maps, but the backend data is different. I have not used it enough to determine the routing logic is any better.

TOM TOM Map Version, Rel. 06/2011 (go figure, still a year old, but 2 years newer than the last update).

Thanks for that. Its a shame the maps are a year out of date. Is there any facility to edit the POI's or add Tom Toms camera database? I have ordered a EU one from the Netherlands as it works out £50 cheaper than getting one here and thats after postage and Bank Charges. Ridiculous considering its the same discs. Rip of Britian.

There's no changes re camera databases etc... The fact that it now states TomTom as supplier of the maps is just because TomTom bought TeleAtlas a while ago, the previous supplier of the maps. TeleAtlas no longer exists as a company, hence all references to TeleAtlas are now changed to TomTom.......

Hello JWQ, Did you have a look into the downloaded files to see what they were composed off? I know you will be aware that the newer Avic Sat Nav systems which use the Tom Tom maps have a free camera download data base. Just wondered if that could be adapted to work on the HD1,HD3?