AVIC411.com

different way of bypassing avic n1

im not sure if this has been mentioned here or not. but my avic n1 is bypassed with relays that are hooked to the vss wire. im not sure exactly how its done but basically the vss wire and the gps antenna were cut and relays were insterted and wired up to a switch. when i want navigation i turn the switch on. when i wanna watch video's while driving i hit the switch off. and watch away. while watching movies its as if navigation antenna is off and the vss aswell so the unit thinks its parked but im actually moviing

no this is not a solder technique.

the avic n1 knows your moving via 3 things. the vss wire. parking brake. and gps map.

essentially what i have done is hooked allthree up to a switch. when i want to have navigation switch on. booya, navigation works.

i want to watch a movie? switch off. booya, video works.

however you cannot have navigation while watching a movie.

also lets say you switch navi off drive to teh other side of the city switch it on give the unit about a min and it will find your location.

im pretty sure the edition of map disks you have doesn't affect this method.

someone please correct me if im wrong because i will be upgrading very shortly to the 60mp disk

Or, if you really hate soldering and don't want to void any warantees, you could buy another monitor, mount it up front, and connect it to your rear out? Wouldn't that work? Then you could navigate and watch a movie at the same time without being interrupted or having to switch from the DVD to the navi screen!

Your method does work. It was one of the first tested methods out there. It just became a more of a headache and totally surpassed the ability to navigate the address search and moving map while driving or use navgation while your TV or DVD was playing. Thats why someone kept search and found the solder trick. Makes it like the day it was new with the parking brake wire hooked up - but with 2006 updated discs.

Go ahead and rest assured it will work for you. Plus its about $85 cheaper to hook up wires and switches than send it out for a solder job.