AVIC411.com

Problem after trying to update to 310FM

I have a Z110 that was updated to 210FM using Shortfuse's crack and it worked with no problems.

I tried the method that was outlined in http://avic411.com/i...10fmuc-upgrade/ using the auto update by Condi.

At first I did not have the renewallflib.dll on the card, but after some digging I found the file and put it on the card, all on the root.

I then ran the update and it said that it was successful, actually it said I was successful after I did the first update without the .dll file.

I tried the update, all on the root using the supplied cardinfo file from the update, then I tried it using the one placed in post 12 of the 310upgrade thread.

Still did not work. Would get stuck on the splash screen.

I then decided to try the HACK mod to see if the files were in the correct spot using the auto hackmode from http://avic411.com/i...dated-24092012/

When I ran that I got an error message seen on the attachment. post-35397-0-52825900-1348576173_thumb.jpg

I then tried an older card info file I got from the shortfuse crack and it didn't work either. Nothing has worked and my unit will not boot up past the boot splash screen.

Anyone else run into this problem before? Is there a way to fix it?

Ok, I got into the service menu using the 1.4 mod.

I noticed a few files that were dated last night. Is it possible those files were replaced when I tried the automated 2.0 mod install? And if so would they be the ones that are messing up my boot? And is it possible to replace them with the files I have backed up?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Ok, I got a little to fast with my copy and hit delete by mistake and now I am getting No Applicable Program.

Any idea how I can get around that?

What do I need to copy/paste?

Is the retail update a way around all of this now? Or am I totally screwed?

Yes I know I am a train wreck.

does USER\PRG.FLG exist, if not, maybe you need to copy an empty file named PRG.FLG to USER\

It's going to be very hard to diagnose without being in front of you.

Maybe you could post a video of you navigating through your USER folders in testmode to give us an idea of what happened.

Yes it's a trainwreck. At this point you have done so many things in panic, it's hard to know where its at.

does USER\PRG.FLG exist, if not, maybe you need to copy an empty file named PRG.FLG to USER\

It's going to be very hard to diagnose without being in front of you.

Maybe you could post a video of you navigating through your USER folders in testmode to give us an idea of what happened.

Yes it's a trainwreck. At this point you have done so many things in panic, it's hard to know where its at.

I was in the prg0 directory when I hit the delete. Is it possible to just delete the directory and restore from the NAND?

(where x is 0 if you did not have PRG.FLG, and 1 if you did have PRG.FLG)

Do updates only update one of the PRGx partitions? If so, do they alternate between 0 and 1? Or more succinctly, is it possible to fall-back to an older version of the software by adding or deleting PRG.FLG?

If so a user, like KraziJoe, with a hosed HU might be able to fall back to a working version.

I just want to understand how the two PRG partitions are used - seems like it is intended as a recovery/fall-back to the last good firmware.

ok, then you need to compare file by file, folder by folder, that the files that are in USER\PRGx\ match what was ever in the last successful update you did, or successful backup that you had.

(where x is 0 if you did not have PRG.FLG, and 1 if you did have PRG.FLG)

Thank You...I replaced PRG0 with the PRG files from my last backup and rebooted and it worked! I think my hacking days are over. 1. The Fiance won't let me and 2. I am tired of f-ing stuff up (though I am tempted to do the hacked update but the Fiance will kill me). The approved Update is on it's way. Thank you so much Pionara!!!