AVIC411.com

Advanced App Mode - Anyone Use It?

I'm trying to decide whether to keep or return my iPhone 5 knowing that advanced app mode won't work. I've never used it before and played with it for a few minutes on my old iPhone 4 in Wifi mode... I used to use AHA radio in the past when I was bored but never found it useful and just seemed more like a gimmick.. and I'm wondering if I'd feel the same way about advanced app mode.. in reality, does anyone actually use it and find it useful?

I suppose I could live with the bluetooth connection and no album artwork.. though even artist/title info doesn't show up for some reason unless I use Spotify or Rhapsody... Or I guess I could jailbreak and tether off my iPhone 5 and connect my iPhone 4 to the X930BT to use advanced app mode if I wanted.. just talking out loud...

So what do you think? do you use advanced app mode?

The only thing I ever use the advanced app mode for is if I feel like using Waze for GPS rather than the onboard navigation. Other than that, the rest is somewhat gimmicky features. The one thing that I am not crazy about would be losing the video streaming from my iPhone to the device. This is somewhat of a big deal for me. Having said that I am still getting an iPhone 5 and until things get sorted out will use Micro SD and **err** DVD's.

The only thing I ever use the advanced app mode for is if I feel like using Waze for GPS rather than the onboard navigation. Other than that, the rest is somewhat gimmicky features. The one thing that I am not crazy about would be losing the video streaming from my iPhone to the device. This is somewhat of a big deal for me. Having said that I am still getting an iPhone 5 and until things get sorted out will use Micro SD and **err** DVD's.

Yeah I figured as much. I rarely use video on my unit, maybe 5 times a year.. It's sad that I'd lose it.. I wish a jailbreak would come out already so I could try tethering on the iPhone 5 to my iPhone 4 and see if that solution would work for me.

Keith