AVIC411.com

the new 2012 Map destination????

hello guys

mine's from 110-120-130 and now with 140 updated.

I noticed that after the 140 updated, when reach the destination with natigation system,

it won't tell you that your destination is on the right or left any more.

it will just tell you that you have reach your destination.

can others confirm if this happened to your 140 updated, too?

it caused a little inconvenience when dont know which side the destination point is and it won't show the address # on the screen, so it's hard to determine the final location.

thanks

did you make sure you set your nav voice language to the one you had before?

there was another thread mentioning that the vocabulary of the regular (non-tts) voice had been reduced.

I love TTS, but the non-tts sounds much more natural.. Maybe I should look at replacing some voices ;)

hi pionara

yes, all setting are the same before updated. I used Samasa before and now it's still Samasa.

but do you think it has anything to do with to tell the destination is on the right or left?

it's a little inconvenience espeically if it's in a big street. sometimes it's hard to make U turn or once pass the point, will have to go longer way to get back. but other than that, I think all others are good or I haven't experienced yet

thank you so much again for your hard working. I do wish they have different guide voice to choose from though ^^

just a quick updated:

after Pionara's advise. I set voice language back to US English, it then does tell you if it's on the right or left side of destination.

but the US English's voice indeed is much lower than US TTS.

You mean lower in pitch or volume? You can set the guidance volume level separately - if it isn't already maxed out.

You mean lower in pitch or volume? You can set the guidance volume level separately - if it isn't already maxed out.

hi Rons

yes, can set the guide voice level, but I was just referring at the same level of volume guide voice settting, US english is lower than US TTS. ^^