AVIC411.com

D1 & XDV-P90 Help !!!!!

OK. I'm trying to hookup the Changer and I get 3 different answers from Pioneer Tech support. I need some advice/help.

I want to control the changer through the head unit, and watch video on a flip down screen and if possible on the front screen as well.

Do I set the changer to IP Bus mode and connect the IP Bus cable to the head unit as well as the RCA jacks or do I connect the RCA jacks to the monitor.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Phillip

IP Bus and RCA's from DVD Changer to Input on D1. RCA (Video & Audio) to the rear monitor from D1. Then there should be a way to set it so the rear video output of the D1 is for the DVD source and not a mirror of what is on the D1, so in this sense the DVD video will "pass through" the D1 to the rear monitor as if it were directly connected, but at the same time you could choose to switch to the DVD in the D1 if you wanted to.

Chris.

Just wanted to give evryone a update for future reference.

After chatting with another member I got my XDV-P90 connected to my D1 and it works flawlessly. Below is how I hooked it up.

P-90 was bypassed (grounded brake wire)

P-90 to D1 using IP-BUS cable

P-90 Front Video out to D1 Video in Using Composite RCA Video Cable

P-90 Rear Video and Rear Audio out using Composte RCA Cables supplied with my W6100 Pioneer Flip Down Monitor

This setup WILL allow you to watch Video on both screens at once WITHOUT hooking up a AV-BUS cable.

The remote that came with the monitor will also operate the DVD Player.

Hope this helps,

Thanks for everyones input as well.

Phillip

Hi Philip

I'm glad it all turned out well for you.

Nice setup as the P90 and the D1 do function well together. The only downside is that the Video In on the D1 is used and does not leave it freed up to hook up a PS2 or Xbox readily to it......to do that you would need to use a video switcher. Not too tough to do but would have been nice to be able to leave the PS2 or Xbox A/V harness permanently plugged in and ready to plug and play like in my Acura MDX with the factory NAV and Rear Entertainment System.

Kids don't sound like they are suffering though with their setup. :D

Regards,

Hanover