AVIC411.com

F700BT What's wrong with it?

I'm buying a used '98 Range Rover that has a Pioneer (obviously) F700BT, but it won't let me get into the System Menus, only the Audio and Sound menus. The other ones are all grayed out. I'm also not getting any FM reception (I don't think it's even connected) and it shows my iPhone 4, and shows the song that's playing, but I get no audio through the speakers. It will play CD's though. But I haven't been able to test anything else. Any idea what's going on?

It sounds like you have a multitude of problems. If you're not comfortable with stereo work, take it to a repair shop. The antenna probably isn't plugged up. The parking brake wire also doesn't sound like its hooked up correctly. You can try going to settings, a/v,then ensuring AV1 is set to iPod for ur iPod audio issue. If it is then its also a cabling issue.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Happy new year :-P I have the same problem like hjames710. The phone menu is grey and inactive, the only active functions in settings menu are av settings and sound settings. Also the icon ADRESS in navigation menu is inactive. When searching for active bluetooth devices with my phone it doesn find anything although the unit is working. The bluetooth lamp only flashes several times when boot up and after that is off. Reseting the unit several times - no change

The parking wire is connected to ground zero. All power connections are ok. What is the problem, please help :neutral:

• 4 months later...

Same issue on my install.  You have to engage the parking brake on these units to get most of the menu items to activate and get your phone to sync with the Bluetooth etc.  Fought it for two weeks and felt pretty silly when I figured it out.

Unfortunately as far as I know you can't stream your music over the Bluetooth nor can you get your IPhone to play just using the USB.  You have to get the Iphone connector that has the USB and AV connections.  $10-$20 on Ebay and it should work fine.