AVIC411.com

ipod touch 4G compatible...in stand alone gps app...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

something curious.....if i don't launch maps before....igo gps signal won't work...????

if i launch maps, and close, and launch igo...gps signal is ok.... :?

Je t'ai dis il faut absolument lancer igo depuis l'appradio afin d'activer la puce GPS si tu lance en direct l'appradii n'acrive pas son antenne gps deporte

Je t'ai dis il faut absolument lancer igo depuis l'appradio afin d'activer la puce GPS si tu lance en direct l'appradii n'acrive pas son antenne gps deporte

YA WOHL MEIN GENERAL, ABER j'avais oublié :P

j'ai completement zappé ça...et c'est d'ailleurs pourquoi waze marchait tres bien à mon retour de taverny en offline...

you're completly right, this info is very important to notice to every user....

seems we have to launch first appradio app from da01 first to "activate" it gps device...

i retry tonight, it connected me 1 minute....
the appradio igo addon doesn't make direct link with a kind of setup as external management gps device ( DA01...)
maybe my connector is wrong....
if i turn off localisation service, DA01 show me "your gps device is off"....

Confirm Completly compatibility:

iPod 4 Touch (firmw.6.1.2)

Pioneer AppRadio SPH DA01 (Firmw.:2.63)

and navigation software iGo Prime, Waze,Nav Free, Navigon, Sygic (Last two by AppRadio Extensions).

Ipod receive GPS signal from radio.IPOD NOT RECEIVED GPS SIGNAL FROM THE UNIT WHEN IT'S WI-FI LINKED WITH IPHONE!

in this mode not use the radio antenna but I think that of iPhone!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand that you saw the videos!

When The problem ripropose me I record the procedure.

I describe to you step by step:

iPod disconnect from radio.

*Launch iGo.

*Go in shop menu>purchased> uninstall Pioneer appRadio Support.

*Close iGo app.

*Now Connect by wi-fi The iPod to ADSL router or iPhone ( better if you disable localization service on iPhone).

*Download and reinstall Pioneer AppRadio Support.

*Disable wi-fi on iPod.

*Power off iPod.

*Switch on iPod.

*Connect to AppRadio.

*Launch appRadio app.

*Now from AppRadio display launch iGo app.

After this procedure on my system the GPS function correctly...

I have been having this problem since I bought the unit, i changed about 3 units to make sure that there is no manufacturing error  and I kinda got tired of it and let it go since the problem is with the apple unit and not the AR.

There is no need to uninstal and install any app. You just need to close the apps, reset the Localizatrion services in the General->Reset-> Reset Location Privacy and then turn the iPod OFF and then back ON and that should clear the problem for a while. If you loose the signal again, you need to do that again ( this happened to me when I have the iPod disconnected for a more than 12 hours straight).

The problem is the connectetion between the appradio and the iPod in the new apple firmware, It was been fixed in iOS 6.0.1 but it came back after iOS 6.1 (The problem has not fixed in iOS 6.1.3 yet!)

Hope that helps