AVIC411.com

ipod touch 4G compatible...in stand alone gps app...

hi to everyone, i've decided to buy a second hand ipod touch 4g...
all works like the iphone 4...of course...no datas...

i've bought it, just in the idea to not disconnect and connect everytime de connecting plug wire....

i was expecting to use gps stand alone app, live navefree wich have all France map in 1gigabite memory on ipod...
i was expecting that my appradio gps antena will take control and nothing ????!!!! ( even on "airplane" mode...)

when i look in general setup, gps appradio device is ok with signal....so what to think about this appradio antenna ?
not worth anything ?

for info, i'm in last firmware both on ipod and appradio

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very impressed with the antenna. When not in use, my phone would take anywhere from 30 seconds to 2 minutes to get a lock. With the antenna enabled, the satellite lock is almost instantaneous. Have you checked to make sure the antenna is plugged in all the way? If I remember, it slides in easily until about the last 2 mm or so. I hope this helps. Good luck.

texbuck

thanks tex for your fast answer !! i confirm that's exactly what you say with the iphone4 , no problem on that point.

now you ask me if i cheked the gps antenna ?

physically no...because appradio setup says gps signal is "ok"

that's why i thought it will complete ipod gps app....( it's like a kind of gps port com not configured or something like that....or maybe the app itself can't make the link with appradio gps antenna )

do you mean something else ?

• 1 month later...

sorry, i didn't have time to do the video...

I thought it could work correct, but to be honnest, not so much.

that depend how "important" it's for you...

I don't know if it's due to an update, but navfree gps on ipod touch shows me on appradio "no gps signal" !!!

it's completly crazy because we know the appradio gps antena is there...but don't work....

whereas if you use Waze gps, it works BUT .... if you begin your road trip from an available wifi internet ( in the idea of keeping the main datas in a kind of temporary memory in waze / ipod touch )

it can even sometimes show you warnings such as "police control, radars , etc..." it takes the info i don't know how during driving, but it works " sometimes" not all the time...

so i that config", i must say it works but approximative works....( keeping that way, it's better to share an internet connection from a main mobile phone so that the ipod touch runs correct with appradio, if you have no extra "cost" of sharing network, like here in france...)

or...the best solution...taking a "second hand" old iphone 4 ( when you compare the price between the 2 devices, better almost to buy an iphone 4 )

so here my opinion...

Dejan, ok, mais par défaut, je lance déjà "appradio" sur ipod touch...et navfree me dit " pas de gps"....???

une astuce ?

( even if i launch appradio first, i don't remember it says gps "ok" with navfree, anyway i have to launch appradio app )

• 1 month later...

i get back to this topic...
i wasn't sure of all functions of the ipod, with gps issues...not sure, i've rebuy a new ipod 4G....

so with new ios 6.1.2...
i've tryed maps "native" app from appradio....the da01 gps works with maps and ipod touch 4G but without data connection, maps are not refreshed...so we see that we move with the bluepoint but no maps....(if anybody have an idea to keep maps in memory without data connection...)

i'wasn't sure if it would works the same with igo...but i was suprised to see that igo in ipod touch works well connected with the DA01 gps antena.....
so i can confirm that this solution have to work, but i didn't bought the igo appradio extension display...( have warning message on da01 )

i didn't try with waze yet, and any other like navfree....
see this week end....but i'm happy to let the ipod touch hiden in the car, use my other phone as a modem with shared connection to the ipod, and use the ipod without "connect and disconnect" physically...everytime...( connector is more and more easy to broke )

and with itune sync in wifi....that can be cool.

i just would like to thanks some great persons that helped me to be sure that can work...because nothing is said about this kind of setup ( ipod4G ), in both pioneer or igo side....

i get back to this topic...

i wasn't sure of all functions of the ipod, with gps issues...not sure, i've rebuy a new ipod 4G....

so with new ios 6.1.2...

i've tryed maps "native" app from appradio....the da01 gps works with maps and ipod touch 4G but without data connection, maps are not refreshed...so we see that we move with the bluepoint but no maps....(if anybody have an idea to keep maps in memory without data connection...)

i'wasn't sure if it would works the same with igo...but i was suprised to see that igo in ipod touch works well connected with the DA01 gps antena.....

so i can confirm that this solution have to work, but i didn't bought the igo appradio extension display...( have warning message on da01 )

i didn't try with waze yet, and any other like navfree....

see this week end....but i'm happy to let the ipod touch hiden in the car, use my other phone as a modem with shared connection to the ipod, and use the ipod without "connect and disconnect" physically...everytime...( connector is more and more easy to broke )

and with itune sync in wifi....that can be cool.

i just would like to thanks some great persons that helped me to be sure that can work...because nothing is said about this kind of setup ( ipod4G ), in both pioneer or igo side....

Excuse me Yonel!

To clarify, I make sure that it works with an ipod4 an iGo? Work correctly?

Thanks in advance

Dejan helped me, confirming me that it must work because his iphone 4 didn't work with the gps iphone antena ( broken...)
so when i tried maps with my ipod 4G, i had the first sign that "maps" application use gps appradio antena....

i got chance to download igo app 2.4 and i just have to add the "igo appradio extension"  ( i don't have it yet ) but for now, as i launch igo, the ipod localize where i am with appradio da01 antenna !!!

So it's sure for 95% , just let me time to do a video démo this week end, videos talk better....
And i think Dejan is right, but i didn't believed, till i saw it myself. ( i wasn't sure if the igo app from the ipod 4G could make the "link" to the gps pioneer da01 antenna, but now, sur it is !!! )

( is it due to os 6.1 update, compare to my "old" os 5....i have to test other apps too, but igo, the main one, is good and "great" !!! )