AVIC411.com

ipod touch 4G compatible...in stand alone gps app...

A couple of things you need to do to not lose the signal is:

• Turn off "Set Automatic" in General -> Date&Time
  • Turn off "Location-Based iAds" and "Setting Time Zone" in Privacy ->Locations Services -> System Services

This prevent iPod from obtaining GPS signal from WiFi location when the device is not connected to External GPS.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry yonel but the only way to get it fixed is to follow my procedure to reset the privacy and it works only when your device is reconnected within a few hours and after that you will get a same problem.

It has been an issue since iOS 6.0 but the only version that had fixed the problem was 6.0.1. I didnt know that the newer version can screw the GPS  at that time and updated my iPod to 6.1 and I am stock with the same problem again! Hope apple release an update to fix that issue before releasing a completely new iOS (like 7!) cause who knows how many new problem we might get out of that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but I will update you on this cause losing GPS signal is killing me as well!

i've sent my youtube video to igo customer service too...but no answer....hope they will look that, because nothing tells to not use the ipod with igo and appradio igo app....and off course, better not ask pioneer....unless i had bad chances with them....

anyway that's really not cool...( my connecting wire got almost broken using it all the time....i've gave it a second life letting it in one position with scotch tape and the cablejive dockextender;;..more easy to use to connect apple device...)

the idea to hide an ipod in glove boxes, as multimedia center....goes away :(
honestly now i'm using a iphone 4 wich is now not so much expensive...

Have you tried the steps I wrote? They should give you connectivity for a while with any iOS version.  Contacting iGo does not help you since the problem is with the apple connectivity and not the AR2. even Bluetooth GPS antennas have the same issue with iOS 6

http://cloudahoy.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/external-gps-devices-and-ios-6-1-2/

but if you reset the iPod, the problem should go away temperately and you can at least use it while you are driving. but you need to do that everytime you want to use the GPS if you have unplugged the device already.

• 2 weeks later...

Today The problem fix was riappared!

In The past I disabled all describe precedent post jls64;

Now I have try the GPS reset procedure (jls64).

But nothing! IGo don't make The fixing! ( native app maps Ok working correctly)

I think that only solution is to disinstall and reinstall the appradio add on in iGo software, for this moment this procedure function on my sistem!!! :0(((