AVIC411.com

sound quality

i was just talking to a friend of mine about units, he is a smart good guy, and as far as im concerned the master of anything that plays a note. he is pushing me on a clarion max675 (which looks to be a amzing deck) just lacks little fetures i want, he was saying the AVIC line was built with navigation put before audio (unlike other decks (alpine,clarion, and so on) i dont know the technical specs of this deck SQ wize but im looking for some confert from a fellow audiophile using this deck, i have Focal Utopias, and a Audison amp, i was all about sound quaility, i am willing to sacrifice some for this deck, but the way its been explained to me this deck is garbage for audio, please somone with a real non-stock setup, comment, by this i dont mean upgraded speakers being powered by the deck, i mean fully externally amplified system preffarably with a good set of components. i just want to know this deck can produce some clean decent notes.

well, if you take the word of your friend as master, you might want to listen to him over someone over the net.

With that said, there are things that you can look out for that pioneer may or may not have. The preout voltage is a huge difference. the eq adjustments, and overall quality of sound produced. But Im sure your master friend has mentioned these things to you.

i dont see a reason to be like that, i was clearly stating he knows his shit, hes amoung the 100 master certified installers, hes has build MANY compition cars, he went to university for several things(electronic related), his opionion looking at specs are its not a good deck, now i was looking for somone to say hey, i have a set of decent speakers, a decent amp and it sounds pretty good, nothing along the lines of what you call that post of yours.

are you kidding? quit suckin his dick already, you know more about his past then anyone, I honestly was trying to give you some advice on the unit and what to look for. But if you ask a loaded question that you dont want a response for I guess I shouldnt be surprised when you respond like you do.

I wasnt being insulting, merely stating the obvious about your friends 'education'

Not to mention, what 'sound quality' is to one person is completely relative to another. so someone on the net saying "yeah i got such and such it sounds good" would really be difficult to judge since you have no idea what 'good' means for that person, and in relationship to your 'good' sound quality. Why would you ask such a question, I mean shit if thats what you want here:

I got an avic-z1 and its amplified and I replaced the speakers and it sound great!

does that do it for you? No of course not, you want some detailed information I would think about how it sounds good, what is going on to make it sound good. So get off your high horse and quit sucking your friend off for his knowledge already.

If you are interested in navigation at all, it might be wise to wait and see how that Clarion nav actually works. They have been years behind the competition so far. If you're not interested in nav, buy the Clarion because you seem to be happy with the features and thats whats most important.

first off get on your knees first you injorant mother fucker, despite all his knowledge, this is the same guy thats spends 130$ for a foot of RCA (yes u can spend this much you can spend over 1000 per foot for it if you want, when he says shit, i agree its probably relivant, his sound expectation is probably ALOT more demanding then mine, i came hear to ask a personal experance, hell im MECP. i can say hey its 2 volts its SNR isnt the greatest, but hell i have never touched a pionner, i have installed a deck with 6volt preouts, all the numbers were good on paper, but it sounded like ass, manufacuter released specs say doesnt determaine how it will sounds, hell all the info i found on it had no direct relation to sound quaility, hell you can have 8 volt preouts, tripple internally grounded RCA's but it still sounds like ass because it has shitty EQ and no defeat option. as for defending my friend yes i admit i did, i admire the man, i have a great deal of respect for him and his knowledge, but like i said since the first post, his opionon on AVIC decks were they were built with navigation first, audio second, and that it wasnt going to be a nice sounding deck, like you said eveyones opinion was diffrent, he made it out to sound like it was just horrible, this i wanted to get opinions on. hell think of this, you and your buddies all are going to fuck the same chick, the first guy comes back and he was like FUCK MAN she was lose, you question him as a man, so your next buddy takes her for a round, says good tight lay, your really doubting your first friend, then u go into to confirm it and shes still bleeding, you know both your freinds are in need of help. thats all im trying to do hear.

like i have said in other posts i only spell correctly at home(spell check), english is my leased fluent launguage, i speak italian, vietnamese, and serbian, english i have only been speaking for a couple years, and im not gona go to the trouble to google everyword.

i was just talking to a friend of mine about units, he is a smart good guy, and as far as im concerned the master of anything that plays a note. he is pushing me on a clarion max675 (which looks to be a amzing deck) just lacks little fetures i want, he was saying the AVIC line was built with navigation put before audio (unlike other decks (alpine,clarion, and so on) i dont know the technical specs of this deck SQ wize but im looking for some confert from a fellow audiophile using this deck, i have Focal Utopias, and a Audison amp, i was all about sound quaility, i am willing to sacrifice some for this deck, but the way its been explained to me this deck is garbage for audio, please somone with a real non-stock setup, comment, by this i dont mean upgraded speakers being powered by the deck, i mean fully externally amplified system preffarably with a good set of components. i just want to know this deck can produce some clean decent notes.

first off get on your knees first you injorant mother fucker, despite all his knowledge, this is the same guy thats spends 130$ for a foot of RCA (yes u can spend this much you can spend over 1000 per foot for it if you want, when he says shit, i agree its probably relivant, his sound expectation is probably ALOT more demanding then mine, i came hear to ask a personal experance, hell im MECP. i can say hey its 2 volts its SNR isnt the greatest, but hell i have never touched a pionner, i have installed a deck with 6volt preouts, all the numbers were good on paper, but it sounded like ass, manufacuter released specs say doesnt determaine how it will sounds, hell all the info i found on it had no direct relation to sound quaility, hell you can have 8 volt preouts, tripple internally grounded RCA's but it still sounds like ass because it has shitty EQ and no defeat option. as for defending my friend yes i admit i did, i admire the man, i have a great deal of respect for him and his knowledge, but like i said since the first post, his opionon on AVIC decks were they were built with navigation first, audio second, and that it wasnt going to be a nice sounding deck, like you said eveyones opinion was diffrent, he made it out to sound like it was just horrible, this i wanted to get opinions on. hell think of this, you and your buddies all are going to fuck the same chick, the first guy comes back and he was like FUCK MAN she was lose, you question him as a man, so your next buddy takes her for a round, says good tight lay, your really doubting your first friend, then u go into to confirm it and shes still bleeding, you know both your freinds are in need of help. thats all im trying to do hear.

dude you got issues. mother fucker this and that and you actually think you will get help with that long ass post of bull and insults. Not to mention your on an AVIC forum, most people are going to tell you it sounds great. even off factory speakers no amp. So instead of insulting and talking shit about girls that has nothing to do with the sound quality question you asked and answered yourself, you might also want to use a [enter] once and a while, cuz thats a longggggg ass paragraph.

So unless you offer an apology and mean it i doubt youll get much help, especially from me. Keep in mind I wasnt insulting your boyfriend in the beginning. I was merely pointing out that if he is so educated (as I believed you in the beginning) then maybe he is better then some no nick name on the net.

haha i didnt even notice that one, and he wants to say its an esl or even english as a third forth or fifth language? Its clear the j was a mistype of g and mixed up g and n, but instead of saying that you want to try and insist its all your languages... yeah good job there bubba.

no that was a misstype forsure, im not using the bi-liungal thing as a crutch, i make lots of spelling mistakes, and that doesnt bother me. until now all of my misconstrued and miss spelt questions have been aswered, al you can call BS on what ever you like, i did not tell one lie. but point is im done aurguing with you its pointless, i asked a question that wasnt the easyest thing to ask, way to many varuables there, and a good chance of buyers remourse. as for an apology one is probably fitting and i do apologize, i have been up since 6pm last night and im misrable and short fused, so do what you will with this post, either way my day wil go on, yours aswell.

right on.

I have had, and seen the avic units connected via amps and upgraded speakers. I personally like it, but as you know there are alot of variables, such as quality of equipment, placement, and even the music you listen to. All in all the avic units are nice they sound good. There are addons you can get like the dolby digital piece and center speakers and and, pioneer has capitalized on the add on accessories market. Clarion like said before, has been behind in the navi department for a while. Other then the way the name sounds I dont like clarion. I have always bought pioneer for head units, I just like the features (navi, displays, ect.) and sound from it.

So if your looking for a 'poll' type response, mark me down for supporting pioneer and their 'sound quality'

like i have said in other posts i only spell correctly at home(spell check), english is my leased fluent launguage, i speak italian, vietnamese, and serbian, english i have only been speaking for a couple years, and im not gona go to the trouble to google everyword.

So then go back to your own fucking country!

(Sorry I cant resist a good e-fight lol :) )

are you kidding? quit suckin his dick already,

Why? Maybe he likes throat yogurt?

Wow. Well to add my $.02 to the fray. I wasn't hapy with the tone control on my d1, but really loved the navi. So I took a kind of round about way. I have an alpine cda-9855 to run the sound end of the system, and the d1 to run bascially the navi end. though I can still run a cd in the d1 and have it output to the speakers as well. FYI mecp cert doesn't mean anything more than you can read a book and pass a test. I've hied and fired many mecp certified installers that couldn't put a radio in a neon without help. For those reading that aren't familiar with the car, you pull off the dash and 2 10mm bolts. Radio's out in less than a minute.

Thank you drive through first window.