AVIC411.com

avic-z140bh frozen / very weird problem

Greetings -

I'm nick from Louisville, KY...I used to install professionally but got out of that in 2008 but still do plenty of side work. Anyway I installed an avic-z140bh into a 2011 jetta about three months ago....everything was working fine. The lady went out of town and it worked fine, had a 12 hour drive home and was working up until she turned the car off.

When she turned it back on the next day, none of the buttons at the bottom of the screen are working, including the button to open the screen. I assume there is a reset button once I can get the screen to open but I can't. I tried disconnecting battery on car, and removed / unplugged head unit. Nothing.

The weird thing is everything in the touch screen works....

Any suggestions? It's only 3 months old....I don't think I can get a direct swap from the shop I bought from. Would love to hear if this is a known issue and possibly a resolution.

Thanks in advance!

Disconnecting the battery is the same as a factory reset. Leave it disconnected for about 5 minutes. If that doesn't fix at least the eject button, it needs to be sent to a Pioneer repair shop. At least it is still under warranty (if not bought via gray-market).

The hard-buttons rarely fail. This is not a common or known issue.