AVIC411.com

Immediate Help need ! installation labor for Z1?

whether that price is too high or too low is completely up to you and how comfortable you feel with the shop doing the work imo. Most guys on here will tell you to do it yourself and save all your money. Some shops will do it all for $50. Some shops will charge a grand to do it.

The difference lies in the install. I cant tell you how many times I have taken apart installs and fell out of my chair at what ive seen. I ve had good customers of mine end up at the shop up the street for whatever reason getting work done just to come back to get it fixed. guess who is paying twice now for the install. yep, do it right the first time.

If you came into my shop that install would be booked out for 1 day. A days labor is $450. plus any parts. Since you bought nothing from me you get no warranty on product but still warranty on labor. If you have a problem with the product that requires removal or servicing, you are paying again for the time.When the time comes to remove the equip to sell the car, you are paying again.So keep that in mind with the shop you pick. Especially if you didnt buy any of the equipment from them. Most places around me wont touch equip not purchased from them.

long answer to a simple question.

It makes sense. you do not bring in a piece of steak to a restaurant and ask them to cook it for you.. the parts is were the business pays his rent, utilities,ect.. my dad is a mechanic and has his own shop if a customer brings his own parts he charges him more.

so the moral to the story is buy the z1 where you want it installed or do it yourself...

i had a horrible experience at circuit city and now i am going to bring it back have them pull out the z1 and i am going to another shop that knows what they are doing and purchase it from them and have them install it...

if there is anyone in the massachusetts area that want to make so money hit me up .. i will travel.. just want someone who is very familiar with the z1.. i learned more from this site and actually went to cc and told them what to do ... and i never installed a radio before..

cntrylvr79 i wish you were in massachusetts cause i would have you install it.. i mean these guys forgot to hook up the gps antenna after having my truck for 4 days... (how sad is that).. today was the 8th time i was back and they did not fix the problem...

i have a 2003 yukon xl with the bose system and the fm and am stations are horrible my stock radio was crystal clear.. they can not figure it out.. they even had me install a amp power antena for 50 dollars and still did not fix it.. i am so pissed..i am setting up the 9th trip for them to uninstall my z1 and camera..

sorry i am rambeling i just am pissed ...

wish you were in area lol

You're not the first person I've heard that from about the fm reception issues in a gm. I wonder if they bothered to make sure the antenna plug on the passenger side of the dash behind the glovebox got loosened, or maybe the antenna adaptor was bad. The second I've seen MANY times.

Oh and the 50 dollar amplified antenna sucks. I've yet to put that in and have it get good reception.

It makes sense. you do not bring in a piece of steak to a restaurant and ask them to cook it for you.. the parts is were the business pays his rent, utilities,ect.. my dad is a mechanic and has his own shop if a customer brings his own parts he charges him more.

so the moral to the story is buy the z1 where you want it installed or do it yourself...

Just an FYI as to what my process was. I bought from Crutchfield, and included one of their 'Installer Network" cards for a Navagation install. It cost $200.00 and you have to go to a shop on their list of approved installers. The good part is it is a lifetime warranty on the install and it is a fixed price. The shop is part of the network, so they expect to install equipment bought from Crutchfield.

Just an FYI as to what my process was. I bought from Crutchfield, and included one of their 'Installer Network" cards for a Navagation install. It cost $200.00 and you have to go to a shop on their list of approved installers. The good part is it is a lifetime warranty on the install and it is a fixed price. The shop is part of the network, so they expect to install equipment bought from Crutchfield

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like that idea . is there anyway to look at the list of installers in you area before you buy it from them???????

cntrylvr79 i am going to bring veh to circuit city on feb 28 and they are going to take out z1 and that sucky fm power antenna and i am going somewhere else.. i am going to check that connection behind the glove box now //// thanks for your help... i need the gps in 2 weeks because i am going sking in nh so after i am done using it they are going to take it back......

They let you put in a zip code, and it shows how many shops in your area. I couldn't get it to say which ones they were though prior to buying the install card. Once you get the card and call the number for activating the card, they tell you who the shop is and who and what number to contact for an appointment.

Installers on their list have to be certified by them and have to have at least 2 years experience.