AVIC411.com

Just got appradio 2 for Christmas and having issues with it

I am trying to get my Samsung Galaxy s2 LTE HD or Skyrocket to work with it, I heard from users on the forums that it will work with the appradio. I bought this MHL / HDMI compatable cable, the phone recognizes it's connected but the appradio will not recognize the phone.

Factory reset will not work. The option is greyed out. Not to get into the factory reset but the OK button is greyed out even after all devices and music is shut off / disconnected.

I cannot preform a firmware update. It gives me a error saying cannot update at this time press the back button and try again. Reformatted twice on both mac and PC on fat file format with nothing else on the usb stick and still the same error.

I don't get full speakers when I am listening to my Ipod, I only get the front left speaker, and when I switch to radio I get all speakers. I checked my 4 channel amp and switched it to 2 channel and still only have 1 speaker for the front, and subwoofer when I select my Ipod, but when I select radio I get full speakers and subwoofer.

any help would be great as I am thinking that this is a returned car deck or a faulty one. Thanks

1st, is the firmware size "almost" the same as described in "readme" info file ( pdf )

sometimes some kilobites can miss...

2nd, the problem with ipod and speakers is probably due to the connector "bad" plugg...look when you move the connector in the ipod if it get's better...

sometimes it happen the same to me due to my protecting plastic of the iphone...

good idea, maybe you are already "updated"

i don't know how the DA100 must be displayed...but compare to DA01...you see firmware version in general settings...

you must compare in a commercial "center" where the unit is...sorry i can't help more, i think all you did is quite right :/

The updated firmware will display [CAUTION] in brackets when you enable the back up camera. Versions prior to 8.17 only showed CAUTION without brackets. You don't need a camera installed to do this. Go into settings and change the camera from "off" to either "battery" or "ground", then press the camera icon in the upper right of the main menu screen. The warning will then appear.

Also, your ipod cable might not be fully seated as yonel suggested. It is the same cable used for firmware updates, so if it's not fully seated, or just plain bad, it will not allow you to update your firmware.

Just tried to try an update again and I keep on getting this stupid message with different usb sticks. "The Version up file can't be read. Please save only one verison up file to USB Memory. Press back key to return and try update again. " Now the only file that I have on there is the update file and it's the .hat file, and I formatted the usb with FAT format.