AVIC411.com

X940BT with the CD-IU51 cable

I have purchased the CD-IU51 cable to use my 80 GB Ipod which does have software version 1.1.2. I have read a lot of posts on here mostly with people have Ipod control issues.

My issue is no audio through the IU51 cable. I did do a search where other people had used the wrong/counterfeit cable. This cable came from Amazon and was about $35. It came in a pioneer package. So I'm sure that not a knock-off. I have tried the 1/8 plug that runs into the back for audio and it does play through but it sounds terrible as far as quality. Very quiet to where the pioneer is starting to hiss because it's up so loud. I do have the audio on the Ipod up 90%, too. It's like there's an attenuation going on. And it's muffled.

I originally had too old of an Ipod so I picked up the 6th gen and the controls work fine. Just no audio. Is there something with the Ipod?

Any suggestions? Or does anyone have a Gen 6 that works fine with their X940? Thanks for the help!

OK.. I made sure i was set to IPOD on the AVIC. Still no audio via the IU51 cable. I also tried updating the firmware and the 1.1.2 is the latest for the Gen 6 Ipod Classic. And from what I've read, it does not plan on getting updated. It's the final release. @subaru - you must have newer gen Ipod to get something later than 1.1.2?

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought i would post that I FINALLY got this resolved.  I couldn't believe that it took 2 emails to Pioneer (which they did not fix either) and 3 calls to Crutchfield.  The last Crutchfield technician to talk to was an EXPERT on all iOS devices and the AVIC products.  He was awesome.

In the end, it ended up being my fault that i did not follow the link correctly on Crutchfield's website to the proper accessories for the X940bt.

So...when I spoke to this tech, the first thing he asked was what cable.  I told him the CD-IU51.  He asked,"is there an 1/8" plug at the end".  I said no, this cable is what the manual stated to get, and it  does not have the 1/8" stereo plug

He said, "There's the problem.  You need the CD-IU51V.  It has an 1/8" plug that will plug into the USB / 1/8" combo cable that came with the receiver.  The CD-IU51 is almost identical but the "V" has the 1/8" at the end opposite the IPOD connection."

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_130IU51V/Pioneer-CD-IU51V.html?showAll=N&search=cd-iu51v&skipvs=T 

He said he couldn't believe that Pioneer and 2 other techs could not figure it out.  I dug deeper on their website and when you look up the CD-IU51 cable, the X940BT is not listed as compatible.  But you look up the CD-IU51V, it is listed.  So lesson, research very deeply into accessories sold for items.  In the end, Crutchfield was awesome.  They had sent me a new radio to try that out thinking that was the issue.  It wasn't the issue but there was no charge for any of it.  For all the hassle, they may even send me the cable for free.