AVIC411.com

yeh, just looked at the pioneer diagram of the App radio and it looks like I have USB to USB. So will need to buy the Apple Lighning Digital AV Adapter.

Apologies, I hadn't seen that diagram before, so hopefully this will work once I buy the adapter.

edit- actually, I have just noticed that as I cannot access the back of the stereo I am screwed. I already have the lightning to USB lead which goes into my phone so the Apple Lightning AV Adapter is useless unless I have an HDMI lead plugged into it.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not that difficult to access or remove a head unit from your vehicle. I suggest a Google search on how to accomplish this task with your vehicle.

you clearly haven't got any idea of how hard it is for a 350z. It takes hours and you have to take the whole gear stick cover/ front dashboard out….

Well that's complete and utter bullshit then as ive just spent 3 hours adding a hdmi lead to the back of the stereo and now bought an apple hdmi lightning adapter for £40 and its not even showing the songs now. Yep, good advice people.

I'm not an expert here by any means but I do know that the iPhone 5s does work when set up properly and I'm pretty sure that you do have to have HDMI plugged in and the adapter from HDMI to lightning. However, I am not posting any ideas or solutions here because it is a waste of time for everyone here. I got email notifications about you asking questions and I thought I would log in and see if I could help. Then I see this crap response by someone new to the forums. We can't sit with you in your car and tell you every single little mistake you are making but you are obviously making a few mistakes because this does work and the advice you have been given is correct. Don't get mad at people here because they can't magically tell the newb, lame mistakes that you are making. It is apparent that you are not very knowledgeable and you know what, that is ok as long as you are nice and patient about it. But when you come in here asking people to help you because you don't know what you're doing it is not ok for you to start throwing around insults to people taking time out of their day to help you. Go somewhere else for help or maybe educate yourself but stop wasting people's time here. People here know what they're doing.

I'm not an expert here by any means but I do know that the iPhone 5s does work when set up properly and I'm pretty sure that you do have to have HDMI plugged in and the adapter from HDMI to lightning. However, I am not posting any ideas or solutions here because it is a waste of time for everyone here. I got email notifications about you asking questions and I thought I would log in and see if I could help. Then I see this crap response by someone new to the forums. We can't sit with you in your car and tell you every single little mistake you are making but you are obviously making a few mistakes because this does work and the advice you have been given is correct. Don't get mad at people here because they can't magically tell the newb, lame mistakes that you are making. It is apparent that you are not very knowledgeable and you know what, that is ok as long as you are nice and patient about it. But when you come in here asking people to help you because you don't know what you're doing it is not ok for you to start throwing around insults to people taking time out of their day to help you. Go somewhere else for help or maybe educate yourself but stop wasting people's time here. People here know what they're doing.

thanks

Hi there everyone! Lisa here! Newbie!

I'm pretty good with electronics and stuff but am struggling with my Appradio 2 at the moment.  I got it last year and was using my iPhone 4 but now have an iPhone 5s and need to be using that in the car now.

So, I followed the pioneer guide and updated the software to 8.30 and everything appeared to be going along nicely until I put my phone in.   The apps icon is greyed out along with the iPod icon.  I gather most of you are from the states and have different updates but would the basics of the set up stay the same?

So I am using an Apple HDMI Lightning lead, and have a HDMI lead plugged in along with the lightning/USB lead and it is charging it fine, but it is not accepting the iPhone at all.  Before it would say "Appradio is trying to connect…" (that was just through the lightning lead / USB lead but no sound was coming through and it would never connect to the apps) but now it won't even recognise it.  I must be doing something wrong as the leads are exactly the same as the Pioneer EU Software update PDF which has a diagram of what leads to use.

I have tried both settings on the Appradio to "AV iPhone" and "Others" but again nothing is happening.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Hope y'all having a fabulous weekend!

:-P

EssexLisa I'm really sorry. I think you have the worst timing ever. You can see from the posts directly above that moorsinho was asking almost the exact same thing just a few minutes earlier. He was super rude to people here and I don't think anyone is going to help him anymore. If you are a different person EssexLisa I really am sorry but all appearances show that you are most likely the same person as moorsinho. Given that this board can go for months without questions it is really weird to have 2 people with the same problem within minutes. Not to mention you creating a profile just today asking the same questions, saying things the same way, same phrases... it is all just very unlikely.

So I'm really sorry but I don't think anyone will be helping you anytime soon. Hopefully you aren't real cause if you are that it just the worst timing. I don't think I've ever seen someone from the UK type y'all like they were from Texas in the US. I would've been interested in knowing all about that.

erm, not sure what to say really but I didn't even read any of the posts above until now so that is a bit weird! I can assure you I am not that other guy I genuinely have an issue with my app radio but can also see how much of a coincidence it looked!

We say Y'all for a joke to the americans as I work with a lot of them in London!  

If you can't help me, don't worry.  I'm sure I will find a way.

L