AVIC411.com

App Radio with permanent Android phone

I've searched for an answer to this but can't find it.

I really like the look and functionality of the App Radio but don't want the hassle of having to plug in my phone each time I get into the car.

Would it be possible to leave a phone permanently connected? I'm thinking of getting a second-hand Android for this purpose. Obviously it would no longer be used for calls - just as an Android source.

I would be using another phone for calls etc.

Is this set up possible?  

I also am very interested in this. I have Verizon, so I have hotspot functionality with my iPhone out of the box. Having an android phone connected would allow me to use the arliberator hack and upgrade the functionality of my Appradio tenfold. I would then get native spotify, non shitty pandora, google maps, and hell, every other android app available with full touch control on my phone. I can then use tasker to make it so the android phone turns itself on airplane mode when it loses power, and then when it does get power it enables Bluetooth, GPS, and pairs with my iPhone for its Internet connection.

Please can you post the link to the video so I can upgrade my Appradio from cool toy to the greatest radio ever made ever.

I'm surprised that there isn't more knowledge/interest on this. If it works, then you can have a fully functional Android headunit for relatively little cost and without having to plug in a phone each time you use the car.

Anyhoo, I have been Googling and it seems like this setup may work. It all comes down to whether the Appradio can handle 2 BT connections since one will be needed for the permanent phone to control the touchscreen and the other to make phonecalls. Obviously the handsets used are also important.

I think this maybe the vid referred to: http://appradioforums.com/Thread-Multiple-phones-connected-with-arliberator

It looks like it works but I think further tests are required.