AVIC411.com

AVIC-X920BT bluetooth problems

I am in dire need of assistance.  My bluetooth hasn't been working and I don't know why.  Within the BT Settings, the nearly everything is ghosted out.  The Bluetooth On/Off is reading Off and I cannot change this or the other selections below.  The Firmward update version reads nothing and the update is also ghosted out.  Does anyone know how I can get my bluetooth working again or is there a way to force reset this?  Please, I've been frustrated over this for some time now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My AVIC-X920BT just started having this same problem. I have checked to make sure the "Application Version" is 2.003 (latest firmware on the Pioneer website). My unit behaves in the following manner:

- Turn the car on

- X920BT will boot

- When I go to the Settings page, the Bluetooth Settings Icon is not active and stays inactive for a minute or more. When it does become active, all of the items are grayed out, but occasionnally the "Bluetooth" status line shows that it is "ON" (with everything still grayed), but when I exit and come back into the menu, it then shows it is off.

- The firmware item is the only active item and when I press it, there is nothing on the firmware version line.

- Another interesting thing is that when I go to the "HOME->Settings->System Settings->Service Information" and press and hold the left upper corner of the "Service Information" screen, the firmware revision line does not show a version number and it is the only line that is like that.

- It seems that there is perhaps a physical connectivity problem with the bluetooth hardware. I had this unit installed by a professional installer at the dealer, so I don't know if there is a plug-in accessory for the bluetooth function (module, antennea, etc). Any help would be great, because the handsfree feature of the unit is the main reason I bought this.

your bluetooth hardware could have died.

- try to cycle the bluetooth on/off a few times. If you dont see a version number, then the bluetooth hw isnt responding properly.

- You can try a full power-off of your unit (disconnect radio fuse or battery cable negative lead) for at least 5 minutes.

If that does not work, and you did not recently do anything to the unit (like attempt upgrade, etc), then likely your BT HW is toast - time for pioneer service. 

Well, I ended up getting the bluetooth back into working condition. I am an electrical engineer by trade and design embedded systems for leading computer peripheral provider. I know the complexities and hazards associated with hacked hardware and firmware. As a last resort (prior to removing the AVIC-X920BT from my car and along with all of the logistics associated with sending the unit into a place to repair it, or paying $850 for a new model), I opted to go to ebay and purchase a 2012 map upgrade "kit" from an etailer for $20. I am pleased to say that after updating the maps, the upgrade firmware option was again available and I upgraded the bluetooth firmware from the 2 microSD cards that were included. My system is now back up and running (installation took about 40 minutes). I figure that if I had to buy the raw microSD cards (2GB, 4GB) I would be into the job about $12 or so. This was a convenient and inexpensive way to get my system running and getting the map upgrade at the same time. The system is again working like a champ and I have the firmware improvements of the upgrade.

Thanks pionara for taking the time to respond on this forum. It is people like you who make this world a better place. If you are an engineer, I venture to guess you are very good at what you do.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I was having problems getting my Bluetooth working, I uploaded new maps and software to no avail, checked the connections, I was about to give up when I found this guy on ebay with a repair service. for $120 + shipping he fixed it for me. his username is trbileal999. he has like 1500 "5 star" reviews for repairs to all kinds of pioneer models

thought I'd pass it on as a last resort for some of you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I am in dire need of assistance.  My bluetooth hasn't been working and I don't know why.  Within the BT Settings, the nearly everything is ghosted out.  The Bluetooth On/Off is reading Off and I cannot change this or the other selections below.  The Firmward update version reads nothing and the update is also ghosted out.  Does anyone know how I can get my bluetooth working again or is there a way to force reset this?  Please, I've been frustrated over this for some time now and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!I 

I finally fixed mine, got the 2013 map and bluetooth update followed the destructions and wola bluetooth works and head unit is so much better,

• 4 years later...

A little help for anyone who stumbles upon this thread looking for help with their Bluetooth failure after a firmware update.  Follow this thread as it took me a long time to find it under many search queries.  This thread fixed my --------- firmware issue with my bluetooth.