AVIC411.com

Amazon Bypass Kit

Good idea and very profitable for someone (< 25 cents in quantity). Basically it includes a pin/wire,  so no removal of Mute - so it's easy. The "tool" is just a gimmic to make it seem like less of a rip-off. Who would pay $10 for a wire and instructions you can get off AVIC411 or YouTube?

I went ahead and purchased the product.  I know it is was expensive but I knew I would mess up the harness by cutting into it or would have pulled the wire without the pin like I have seen on the Youtube videos.  Did not want to mess with it so went ahead and made the purchase.   Very easy to do.  Initally did not seat the new pin in far enough.  I got the Caution message that the parking brake wire not installed correctly.  One guy on Music Man video said he used a pick to push in the pin as far as he could.  Used that information and worked like a charm.  Very cool.  I only wished I had done it sooner.  I have the AVIC-z120bt unit. 

I went ahead and purchased the product.  I know it is was expensive but I knew I would mess up the harness by cutting into it or would have pulled the wire without the pin like I have seen on the Youtube videos.  Did not want to mess with it so went ahead and made the purchase.   Very easy to do.  Initally did not seat the new pin in far enough.  I got the Caution message that the parking brake wire not installed correctly.  One guy on Music Man video said he used a pick to push in the pin as far as he could.  Used that information and worked like a charm.  Very cool.  I only wished I had done it sooner.  I have the AVIC-z120bt unit. 

I would say it worh $10 if it works and you feel more comfortable this way. The simple way is to wire the empty plug on top the yellow mute wire to ground (black). No need to buy the kit next time. Enjoy your new HU! Mine is AVIC_z140bh.