AVIC411.com

wish list to pioneer (letter to santa's)

my dear pioneer,

i'm here to write my wish list for your next (if there will ever be another....) firmware upgrade for my sph-da02.

i know this is not your official channel, but....have you got one? how do you listen to your customers?

i remind you that the actual version is 4.16 and dates back to 23/07/2012!!!! the most of your customers thinks you abandoned the project.... but I do behave, I'm a good guy  :)

i installed the unit 2 weeks ago, it has a great potential, but i noticed that there's a lot of job for your coders to do, yet. take this wish list as good hints list:

1) why the hell once we enter into appmode the radio turns to off? this is so bad!

my wish is to keep the radio playing all the time entering into appmode (appradio is a radio, first!) and to let me turn it off only when i need.(that is to say just before entering in "some" app, i will make the choice, to avoid the sound to overlaps).

i don't want to double hit "home button", then the x cross on "radio" to let it play again.....i'm driving!!! it has to be easy!

2) once in appmode, i need the chance to change radio station without leaving appmode

3) once in appmode, i need to set the equalizer, the fading while listening to radio or my iphone music library 

4) receiving an incoming call via bt, the system kicks me out of appmode.....soooooo bad....if my friend wants to give me directions on how to join him, how am i supposed to reach him if i can't see the map?

5)it will be very nice to listen to music while talking to the microphone(music fading a bit of course)

6)once connected via bt, during a phone call, i noticed a echo.

i think it's better to give the exclusive use to the appradio microphone and loudspeaker to avoid echoes.

i'm not going to turn bt "on" on my iphone to talk via iphone in the "conventional way". if i turn bt on, it means i only want to talk and listen to a phone call via bt, exclusively. 

7)why should i tap the iphone screen, when plugged....i just plugged it, it means i need to be connected to the radio, what do you need more? make it simple, pioneer! apple wins because of its friendly user interface, plus you want me to tap " disconnect"....what a mess if during a phone call the echo starts to whistle and i have to run unplugging it without "disconnecting"....

8)stop all that warning message

thanks pioneer i hope santa's will not wait christmas for giving us a new firmware.... :-)

anybody wants to join the letter is welcome

The da100 is miles better, however I feel ya about your da-02. I loved my da01 but there were some soft spots. As far as your requests. 

1. The AppRadio is not a very advanced radio. It makes you think it is, but it isn't. Whenever you switch from app mode to radio mode or vice versa you are literally changing sources. You will notice that no sound comes from the iphone when the radio is in radio mode. That's because the audio is not routing from the phone at all at this point. That is how the hardware of that device works. It doesn't support audio mixing. 

2. Again, best way to think of this is to look at lets say your home surround sound. You can't change radio stations in DVD mode. The AppRadio works the same way. It sucks but that's how it works. It's how most radios work. 

3. I thought it already did this. My DA-01 let me. 

4. Yeah that sucks. Again the DA-100 makes things better, but telling you to upgrade your radio to fix your problems is rude. A solution for you would be that waze supports turning app mode off temporarily so you can still see your map on your phone during the call, but still I know it's not the same. 

5. Can't do that with your iPhone. iOS does not support this in the slightest. Doubt they ever will. 

6. I'm a little unclear as to exactly what your issue is but it sounds like either A. your microphone is far too close to a speaker or B. You have the volume set too high. Try one of the two and see if that fixes it. 

7. Again a little unclear on what you want but I think you're talking about the iPhone prompt asking you to open the AppRadio app. Pioneer has no control over this. Apple doesn't let pioneer simply launch the app when they want to. Apple requires pioneer to ask the user for permission. Now you can bypass this by having the app already launched. When you do that it actually bypasses everything and the second the phone is plugged in the car goes straight to the app. 

Hope I could help with some of your gripes and make your phone experience just a little bit better. Good luck man. 

Dannyz, just thanks to avic411 forum, because if it's about pioneer company itself....no coment...( only pioneer UK is cool, and usa after...if it's pioneer france...it's old soviet system there....)
(by the way, thanks for your infos )

JUST BIG RESPECT TO MIKE, DEJAN, SSERHY and all the avic411 team ;)