AVIC411.com

Big difference of output sound and ILL wire

Hi. I enjoy this toy very much.
I have several qustions.

1. FM, AM and CD sound level is good when volum level is around (9~11). But DVD sound is Much weaker than any other source. If I want to hear I should Make volum UP up to 21~25. Is this Normal?

2. I want to put Ducati's board, but I cannot find ILL wire. How can I find ILL wire from my Cadillac cts?

Thank you all.
What year cts is it. It's quite possible there may not be an illumination wire behind the radio because of gm's data bus depending yon your car. Also as far as the dvd sound if you go to your sound settings there's a way to adjust the source level to compensate for it. I think the button is SLA. hope this helps.
What year cts is it. It's quite possible there may not be an illumination wire behind the radio because of gm's data bus depending your year car. Also as far as the dvd sound if you go to your sound settings there's a way to adjust the source level to compensate for it. I think the button is SLA. hope this helps.
[quote name="GreatRock"]CTS 2005,
If I connect ILL wire To parking light wire What about Z1's Parking wire? Is that gounded?[/quote]

The z1's parking brake wire I'm guessing gets grounded for the bypass to work. Not sure really. As for the illumination wire, looks like the car doesn't even have a parking light wire that would work. God I hate gm gottta make life difficult.
That is typical. If you go into the audio settings menu, there is a source level adjustment (sla.) Just turn up the DVD and you won't have so much of a volume difference

[quote name="GreatRock"]

1. FM, AM and CD sound level is good when volum level is around (9~11). But DVD sound is Much weaker than any other source. If I want to hear I should Make volum UP up to 21~25. Is this Normal?

[/quote]
[quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="GreatRock"]CTS 2005,
If I connect ILL wire To parking light wire What about Z1's Parking wire? Is that gounded?[/quote]

The z1's parking brake wire I'm guessing gets grounded for the bypass to work. Not sure really. As for the illumination wire, looks like the car doesn't even have a parking light wire that would work. God I hate gm gottta make life difficult.[/quote]

If you have a working ILL wire, then the parking brake wire SHOULD NOT be grounded. It shouldn't be connected to anything if possible (if you plan on something or you flashing your lights). And there has to be some wire somewhere that will work as an ILL line. It wants to see 12V when the lights are on and nothing when the lights are off. They might not have run the wire up to the radio, but I would assume they did, since the stock radio dimmed with the lights on right? Then there is something in the dash, but if not, you might have to run a wire to the headlight switch or to the lights or something, but somewhere in that car, some wire gets energized to 12V when the parking lights are on. I might be a pain to find it. And I'm sorry if it is. You sure there is nothing in the radio connector? It might not be on the Metra adapter or whatever, but it might be in something the oem harness that's not brought out with the harness.
Guest Want to make sure!
1. About Parking light wire:
Take out dash cover(I did before, and piece of cake) and take some wire put the Voltagemeter and step on the parkin brake. Is that right to find the wire?

2. About the ILL wire
Same as above except of after voltagemeter then Headlight on and off.
Is that right?

Thank you all.
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"] [quote name="GreatRock"]CTS 2005,

The z1's parking brake wire I'm guessing gets grounded for the bypass to work. Not sure really. As for the illumination wire, looks like the car doesn't even have a parking light wire that would work. God I hate gm gottta make life difficult.[/quote]

If you have a working ILL wire, then the parking brake wire SHOULD NOT be grounded. It shouldn't be connected to anything if possible (if you plan on something or you flashing your lights). And there has to be some wire somewhere that will work as an ILL line. It wants to see 12V when the lights are on and nothing when the lights are off. They might not have run the wire up to the radio, but I would assume they did, since the stock radio dimmed with the lights on right? Then there is something in the dash, but if not, you might have to run a wire to the headlight switch or to the lights or something, but somewhere in that car, some wire gets energized to 12V when the parking lights are on. I might be a pain to find it. And I'm sorry if it is. You sure there is nothing in the radio connector? It might not be on the Metra adapter or whatever, but it might be in something the oem harness that's not brought out with the harness.[/quote]

The illumination level of the stock radio is controlled via the databus just like the turn on. There is a negative parking light wire, but if I remember correctly it doesn't supply enough current to trip a standard relay to invert the polarity so the z1 would be affected by it.