AVIC411.com

Appradio 2 + Iphone 5 = Suck

So I upgrade to an iphone 5, woo!

I find out I need a new $50 cable, AND a $50 apple adapter to make it work. Awesome.

I buy said parts and hook it all up.

First of all, my damn appradio wont do a thing because it thinks its paired to an Android device! I'm using the CD-IH202 kit from Pioneer, and genuine apple cables and adapters. And it thinks its a damn android!

AND, AND, I come here for a solution, and see that this setup makes me lose half the damn functionality I actually want! Assuming I can convince my Appradio that it's an iphone and NOT an android... somehow (any clue how?) I lose my ipod app (so presumably Siri control over itunes too) AND I need to play Pandora over bluetooth?

What do I gain?

Some crappy apps on the head unit?

What the hell? Why the heck id the iphone 5 WORSE than my 4 was?

Total fail Pioneer.

Well I am having no issues with my setup so it must be something with you. And the change in the way things now work is what Pioneer had to do to compensate for the change in standard that Apple implemented. Pioneer simply could have chose not to address anything with these units and only offered an upgrade with next years unit but they didn't so I see it as win.

I only started using the appradio with the iPhone 5 so I don't have much experience besides testing it out with my iPhone 4 and wasn't able to get it to mirror. That alone on the 5 is worth it for me :)

Still waiting for rdio to update it's app!

First off calm down. I know the changes are annoying at first, and yes in some ways you are losing some capability with the change. Remember it is still far better than having to replace you're entire radio because you got a new phone. 

Calm yet? Hope so. 

Pandora doesn't play over bluetooth, it's controlled via bluetooth. All audio is routed from the HDMI and is actually better quality than the analog audio you were sending before. So there is your first improvement. 

Your phone thinks it's an Android phone because you have the radio set to Other mode. disconnect your iPhone, turn off bluetooth on your iPhone, turn the radio off by sliding to the right and pressing the speaker icon and then go into settings. In settings find the device chooser. Based on your post I am thinking it is set to Other. Change it to iPhone AV Digital. Once you have done that re-enable your bluetooth and plug your iPhone back in. Your car should recognize your phone correctly now. 

You do not lose Siri control. I chose new songs through siri all the time with my 5 and it works without a problem. You do lose the iPod app but you just use the carmediaplayer app instead. It is a far smoother app than the built in app. 

Any other questions? Feel free to ask, but don't yell at us. We didn't do anything to you and are happy to help when you're calm about it. 

That's weird, with the phone disconnected from the cable and bluetooth you should be able to change that.

When you updated your appradio did you copy only the SPH-DA100_SYS_UC_Ver08.30.yuk file to the USB and update then copy only the SPH-DA100_MMD_UC_Ver08.30.hat file to the usb and run that update?

Maybe just confirm your update using the instructions here: http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Car-Firmware/SPHDA100_AppRadio2-FW-Update_v8.30_INSTRUCTIONS.pdf