AVIC411.com

Strange Stereo Reversal Problem with my Avic Z2

Greetings - I have an Avic Z2 that has been working great until yesterday, until it developed a very odd problem.

Basically, when I drove to work, all was good, but on the drive home from startup I noticed that the stereo output to the front speakers (driven by an amp) had been REVERSED (i.e. putting fader to left put the sound to the right speaker, and vice versa).  The rear speakers (driven by my Avic) were fine and still operating normally.  So, it sounded quite horrible!

I tried doing the simple button reset, and nothing changed.  I also disconnected the battery; no difference.

I finally got the sound going to the correct speakers by switching the speaker wires on the amp (putting right on left and vice versa) and it sounds better, but I'm pretty sure not as good as it did before.

I have no idea WTH happened.  The only thing that was different in the morning is that I tried a different ipod on the connector; although it worked fine I noticed that when I had hooked it up over the weekend it had seemed to have problems (i.e. it froze the ipod screen).

Anyone have any insight on what might be causing this?  Is there another form of reset I should try?  Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the reply.

That's the strangest thing about this, it seems to have "swapped" left and right inside (software?) the receiver or amp - it spontaneously did this on Thursday without any cables being touched or changed. 

Does this mean my amp is toast?