AVIC411.com

Can't Decide (Z150BH, Z130BT or X950BH)

What's up everyone! I am new to the site. I'll try and keep this short and sweet. Here it goes...

- So quick background I am driving a 2007 Scion tC. My current in-dash unit is the AVIC-F700BT. Although it is a great unit (my first Pioneer)...I do feel the need to upgrade at this time. I am currently however...stuck...between the THREE different choices of the Z150BH, the Z130BT or the X950BH.

Main things I am looking at in the three devices that catch my eye are (in no particulare order):

- Nav quality (both graphic wise & map correctivity)

- Voice command (i.e. "Find the nearest gas station" or "directions to...")

- iPod & iPhone control (I have the iPhone 5)

Also, I know this sounds REALLY dumb but I am kind of ocd with music sometimes and I like the idea of being able to SKIM through songs not just skip from song to song...as I noticed the 1 or 2 of the units I like above do not have this feature.

If anyone can help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I play my music off a regular 64GB iPod but I do like to use my phone as well...any information to help would be GREATLY appreciated haha thank you!

****** UPDATE ******

- I have a seller who wants to sell me the x950BH for 550 plus S&H or 630 plus s&h with free back up camera. Sounds like a good deal maybe?

Well the navi is the worst of any in-dash navi for all of these units. Of course thats my opinion but it has been the opinion of many that have had these units sense your unit was discontinued. The navi in your unit is far superior actually. But if you want voice control for navi you will have to settle on the 130. Unfortunately you wont be able to use your i5 with it other then handsfree. And nither of the new units are compatible with the i5 out of the box for other then handsfree and wont be until Pioneer releases the new firmware. Good luck however.

Sorry I'm a bit confused on your wording. Are you referring to a Nav unit in specific or the actual SYSTEM from Pioneer itself? I've actually never had an issue with my Nav settings on my F700 but the thing is old & looks outdated compared to the new. Also, the x950 says it's iPhone compatible with an app right? I mean that's not a huge breaker for me I try not to use my phone much while driving. If you have any other suggestions (other brands even) please feel free since I am very new to this.

I am referring to the navi software that these units use. Its an in house or unknown software by Pioneer and compared to the first gen F/X series it is garbage. The previous units used iGo which is a proven and well established navi app that is far superior then what the current units are using.

The 150/950 will not work with the i5 out of the box but will work with all legacy 30 pin iDevices. A firmware update is set for release soon that will address the i5 issue but it will also require a new set of cables and adapters to allow it to work.

If you just want a unit capable of navi and iDevice control and don't care about the CD/DVD slot I would suggest the App Radio 2. That way you are not tied to some shitty navi software and can use one of about 4 or 5 or all of the available AppRadio compatible navi apps for the iPhone, including iGo which should look familiar to you sense you have the F700.

Ok I got you. I honestly dont even use the Nav that much (I use to for work but I just got a new job last july and now I work from home). In all honesty I just want something simple. I like the F700 because its simple, I have the iPod hook up under my in the middle i just pop my ipod and im good to go. I dont care that much bout the i5 although it be nice. So in reality I really just want an upgrade to what I got basically. Touch screen with good ipod/music controls & a nav system that will do if needed. Only reason I am even considering the switch is because the F700 is old, showing signs of wear & when I play music for too long it will shut off on me. Any suggestions on something? (and by ipod hook up i mean regular ipod not itouch or iphone)

Amazon isn't listed as an authorized dealer. Is this list not up-to-date or am I missing something?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy/Pioneer+Car+Audio+Video+Authorized+Internet+Dealers

Strange that they are an authorized dealer for Pioneer Home Audio/Video products. 

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Where-To-Buy/Pioneer+Home+Audio+Video+Authorized+Internet+Dealers

BTW, the listing says Sold by Premier Electronics (and others), fullfilled by Amazon. So it still wouldn't matter if Amazon was authorized. They don't sell this item themselves.

Yeah im use to the no-warranty thing. I bought my F700 on eBay used and its honestly never had an issue. Just recently I noticed after about 3 years of MY personal usage that the only issue it has is when I go on long car rides or go tailgating for Philly sports events the ipod will shut off, also shuts off if i "shuffle" the songs to much. Is there any online dealers who can come close to 600?