AVIC411.com

Cannot use HDD Error message

I was driving home from work and my Z1 started rebooting. While it was rebooting it started rebooting again and ended up with "Cannot load HDD" on the screen.

I've had it installed for about a month now and no problems. I've tried turning off and restarting my truck, now all I get is the initial boot message and then a few seconds later the HD message.

Any ideas?

The only thing odd about today is that I was in 4 wheel drive (getting pounded by snow) and I manually turned the lights and fog lights on. Usually they come on themselves when dark enough. But I was driving like this for a good 5 minutes before it happened.

Tried all levels of reset, no go. When I press reset, start car and hold map button in, it still hits the HDD message in 10 or so seconds.

I had the message wrong it's "Cannot use HDD" in a few languages for my viewing pleasure. Crutchfield will take it back for credit, they don't have any more Z1's and are awaiting the Z2. That's not a good option.

Sending it to United Radio is an option for warranty work, but I'm not ready for that yet.

I'll give my installer a shout tomorrow, they are a Pioneer factory authorized seller/installer, maybe they can perform the work under warranty, I'm assuming like a pc, it just needs a new HD, you'd think that would be easy enough.

Although, the Crutchfield tech thought he might be able to work a deal or perhaps even replace my z1 with a z2 straight up. So now I'm getting greedy thinking I should just try and do that.