AVIC411.com

Z150 Bluetooth metadata (artist, song, etc)

Wanted to ask if anyone else with a Z150 could try this. I am using an iPhone 5.

When I stream music via Bluetooth to the Z150, I get metadata (artist, song name, etc) only when using the built-in "Music" app. If I use any other music app (such as Spotify, Rdio, Tunigo), I get no metadata whatsoever. The Bluetooth audio source on the radio is just blank. I do still have basic controls over all audio apps, I can skip forward, back, etc.

Anyone else tried this? When I once talked to Pioneer tech support (several weeks ago), I was told that the new firmware update would also include a Bluetooth update for AVRCP as the unit "didn't ship with the latest Bluetooth profile". However, this firmware update was for iPhone 5 compatibility only.

I may try the new Music Controls Pro in Cydia but I don't think they've updated the iOS 6 version to include AVRCP compatibility. All I want is to be able to see the artist and song name from Spotify on the Z150.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

When I stream music via Bluetooth to the Z150, I get metadata (artist, song name, etc) only when using the built-in "Music" app. If I use any other music app (such as Spotify, Rdio, Tunigo), I get no metadata whatsoever. The Bluetooth audio source on the radio is just blank. I do still have basic controls over all audio apps, I can skip forward, back, etc.

I have a similar issue with an Samsung Galaxy S5 and the AVIC-Z150BH.  The meta data shows up when using Samsung's music app via Bluetooth, but does not show when using Pioneer's MixTrax (works via cable and in AppRadio but not w/ just Bluetooth), Google's Play Music, nor Smart AudioBook Player.  (I have not tried using Spotify, Rdio, Tunigo.)  I assume Pioneer does not update once a new system or systems are out -- anyone know if this is true?  Thanks.