AVIC411.com

App Radio2 + Iphone 5 = unreliable?

Hi, Found this site while looking for answers on my newly installed Appradio2...

Everything is installed as it should be (new firmware, USB cable connected to lightning and HDMI into apple AV connector etc..)

everything works when you first pair it up... but say for example you stop the car and restart again in say 5 minutes the appradio connects via bluetooth but then quite often the app will not display on the screen - just get a black screen. This can quite often be rectified by re-starting the app manually or worse case re-starting the phone!!

Is this normal - As I spoke with Pioneer support and they said it should connect and work reliably 100% of the time and suggested I may have cabling issues (all cables are OEM and brand new)

My fiance also has an Iphone5 and it is exactly the same on hers... so its not the phone.

Before I remove and take the radio back to the store - is there anything else I can try? When the radio works its great and sounds nice but when it gets confused its a nightmare!!

HELP!

Face it.  This thing was rushed to market without ironing out all the bugs.  Pioneer really needs to pick up the pace in figuring this crap out but they won't.  I have the same issues with the X950BH.  The App Radio Extensions helped some of the problems and the other jailbroken app like Kill Background helps out by killing all apps in one shot w/o having to stop each app one by one but all in all this thing gets confused everytime you shutdown the car.  Once I turn on the car again I have this whole charade to repeat involving killing all the apps and agreeing to a bunch of nagging OK's on the head unit, etc.  Some apps like INRIX I need to launch twice so it loads on the screen properly.  Other "supported apps" don't even work at all.   It can take me a good 3-5 minutes after starting the car just to get the damn iPod to play any music via the "supported" app.  It's a great concept but in reality, we are all beta testers and this is not ready for prime time.  One day I'm sure it will be better but not today.

I kinda agree with the above and my main worry is that once poineer release a new version of the appradio then they will stop supporting the current ones and we will be left with buggy software forever. Also it would seem that ios 7 is coming (very) soon. How long will it be before pioneer update the firmware on these units to make them compatible?

I am thinking that I should have paid extra for the parrot asteroid smart.

Just to add - I received a phone call via the bluetooth and once completed the call the phone went back to the original screen - this time with the APPS button greyed out!! So to get it reconnected I needed to turn off the car and repair the phone - Absolutely rubbish.

Pioneer you have released something that doesnt work...