AVIC411.com

INRIX 4.5.1 dropped from AR

Now I know there was another thread regarding v.5.0 not working with AR but now the working version (4.5.1) no longer displays in AR.  Pioneer lists the app as available but for v.4.5.1 only which I still have installed but the AR app no longer has it listed as a compatible app and therefore does not show up on the AR screen on the head unit.  How big brother is this?  Are you kidding me?  I know v.5 no longer works but I was happy staying with v.4.x.x.  Since Pioneer doesn't list this as a compatible app I can no longer use this?  Give me a break.  I just wish AppEx would work better for the AVIC series.  If it did, I'd never even bother with supported apps.  Unfortunately, AppEx has an offset issue with the left and bottom portion in regards to the AVIC series.  I don't think Mike has enought time to research the issue and he owes us nothing since he's done a lot as it is but I may have to look into pulling out this head unit and going with something different.  Even if I had the SPH series, the compatible apps would still be an issue so I don't know which way to turn at the moment.  I'm wondering if there's anyway to force the AR app to read INRIX v.4.5.1 so that it will come up on the AR menu again but I can't think of anyway at the moment.

So Pioneer releases DA110/210 Appradio3 and July brought us news of iOS for the car.

Now we loose 2 Appradio Compatible apps,(Inrix & Rdio) i would bet that we will see more and more apps drop Appradio support in favor of them starting development for iOS for the car.

Looks like i just bought a not so rare magical item that day by day slowly turns into a brick.

Hmm... :-/ hope you are not right. Why for hell is Pioneer still listing INRIX on their website here in Europe?

http://www.pioneer.eu/uk/page/products/advanced-app-mode/apps.html

They're still listing it here in the USA as well but they have removed it as a supported app from the actual "AppRadio app" and therefore it will not show up on the head unit.  Something's definately wrong.  If I call them, it's like talking to a wall but I may try soon anyway.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio

http://www.pioneerel...SA/Car/AppRadio

(...)NOTE: Ver 4.5.1 is the last supported Version of AppRadio Mode. (...)

That's what I thought but apparently not.  It's listed on their website as being the last supported version but in reality there is NO supported version anymore because the AppRadio App does not include it as a supported app in the list and therefore will not show up on the head unit.

That's what I thought but apparently not.  It's listed on their website as being the last supported version but in reality there is NO supported version anymore because the AppRadio App does not include it as a supported app in the list and therefore will not show up on the head unit.

What its saying is if you have version 4.5.1 you have AR support

On a different note this is not good for the possible future of AR. This is the second high profile app to drop AR support so I wonder what Pioneer is doing to cause this drop in support. I cant imagine there is extensive code need to offer AR support from the app. The fact the AR users of these apps is so negligible that it doesn't even bare mentioning could be the reason for the developers to drop support but if the code to offer support is minimal why would they drop it. Im thinking Pioneer is doing something to cause this. Either some sort of licensing issue or just idiotic partnership on the part of Pio. Not good regardless of the reason.

On a different note this is not good for the possible future of AR. This is the second high profile app to drop AR support so I wonder what Pioneer is doing to cause this drop in support. I cant imagine there is extensive code need to offer AR support from the app. The fact the AR users of these apps is so negligible that it doesn't even bare mentioning could be the reason for the developers to drop support but if the code to offer support is minimal why would they drop it. Im thinking Pioneer is doing something to cause this. Either some sort of licensing issue or just idiotic partnership on the part of Pio. Not good regardless of the reason.

I agree with you on that. I hope Pioneer isnt burning bridges with app developers, because i would assume word will spread fast.

If that's the case then why doesn't INRIX show on the head unit?  I have v.4.5.1 still installed but I can't select it anymore.  Am I the only one?

Who really knows what Pioneer is doing.  It's obvious that they are a poorly run company as we have discovered in many ways outside of the AR features.  The iOS radio idea that Apple has planned is starting to look like the way to go down the road.  Only time will tell I guess.

Interesting! What else did they reveal during your long phone call? Please share with us: will they adapt the IOS7 in car solution into Appradio? I mean they might have no other chance. Sooner or later all the few supported apps (except their own one) will drop direct Appradio support. Either Pioneer will take part and join the IOS7 in car concept, or they have kind of "legalize" or copy Appradio Extensions.

And last but not least, this time they WILL have to include existing AR2 and AR3 owners in the new path with firmware updates, since this will not just be a "buy a new radio again, if you want to benefit from the new functions" thing. No, this time it will be a "you just bought a new product whose core functions are getting dropped one by one, starting the day after your purchase, sure we will not drop you since we know that otherwise in the end our customer-base would drop us!" thing. Well.. 

Oh.. by the way: INRIX issued a new update again and brought back landscape mode in 5.0.1. No word mentioned about Appradio. 

Pioneer will never discuss its future product features before it is released.

And they never have to offer an update to a product as a new feature and they never have. The inclusion of iOS In The Car to the AR line would be a new feature and they never add new features as an update. The only time that happens is with the paid map upgrades on the AVIC units or the release of a new model year unit. If we see iOS In The Car it likely won't be until a new unit is released.

Well, for some reason, INRIX has now re-appeared using AR.  I complained to Pioneer and wrote to INRIX about the fact it was dropped so I didn't think much would be done about it but here it has now returned.  Makes me wonder if there were multiple complaints.  I think Pioneer was the one to take action for it to reappear.  Not complaining since I use it a lot.  Hopefully it will remain.