AVIC411.com

INRIX 4.5.1 dropped from AR

It's ridiculous. I wish there was an iOS firewall app I could use to prevent
AR from phoning home. That would help or perhaps some manual way to restore the
app via some type of image but I don't think that's possible (as of yet). I
know companies like Kaspersky make firewall apps for Android but nothing (that
I know of) for iOS apps.

I'm not sure if this was posted elsewhere, it didn't seem so. I contacted Inrix about this and had an informative reply returned. They removed all head unit support from the app while they "improve the experience" and it will return in a future version as a premium feature.

-Keith

• 3 weeks later...

Well...AR has once again removed INRIX v.4.5.1 as a supported app.  What the hell is Pioneer doing?  I haven't installed/uninstalled any AR software or apps for that matter in weeks so this proves they have remote access to the AR app and what is supported.

Umm...How far off is iOS radio by Apple?

2014. But OEM only at least at first.

That's true...but hopefully it won't be too long.  Then again, who knows how good it really is going to be until it gets out there.  They may have a lot of missing features that could be overlooked in regards to v.1.  Just have to wait and see...

As I stated previously, it works just fine if you have AppEx.

Except when being used with an AVIC series HU.  Remember there is a left side and bottom offset issue when using AppEx.  This applies to ALL apps using AppEx with an AVIC series HU.  I've switched back to Google Maps since INRIX was dropped but for some reason pinch/zoom doesn't work with AppEx & Google Maps but pan does work so I basically set the metro traffic area on the iPhone manually and just call up the screen when needed for the major arteries that lead in/out of NYC.  I really wish Mike could figure this out but I don't think he has the time.  If AppEx worked w/o the offset issue, I'd never even THINK about "supported" apps anymore.