AVIC411.com

Vehicle Dynamics

I have noticed after recently having my z1 installed that on the vehicle dynamics, when I am going fast (70+), the speedo and acceleration start to screw up. They don't reflect my speed and they freeze up and stop adjusting the information. When I am going slow (city driving), it works just fine. Has anyone seen this problem or know what might be causeing it? It's installed on a 2005 Jeep GC.

Thanks.

Yes, the VSS is hooked up and it was installed professionally. I took it back to them today and had them look at it and the guy said it was pulsing correctly.

Any other ideas?

Oh, and umm... I'm driving this at over 70mph on a closed track..... yeah.... that's it...... :)

So, after driving around some more today, it actually starts messing up above about 35 mph. The speed is off by between 3-15 mph and it is really slow to update the speed. Below 35 mph, it works as it should. I reset the hybrid 3D info and pulse info and it is still doing the same thing. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks.

I'm not so much concerned that the speedo is off and not updating as quickly as it should as I am about if affecting the navigation.

My location doesn't seem to be accurate either. When I stop at a stop sign, it shows me about 15 -20 feet away from the stop sign still. This is a problem because when the hot navi check tells me to turn, I have already turned.

????

I'm about to throw this thing in the trash I'm getting so frustrated with it.

I'm not so much concerned that the speedo is off and not updating as quickly as it should as I am about if affecting the navigation.

My location doesn't seem to be accurate either. When I stop at a stop sign, it shows me about 15 -20 feet away from the stop sign still. This is a problem because when the hot navi check tells me to turn, I have already turned.

????

I'm about to throw this thing in the trash I'm getting so frustrated with it.

I just installed mine in an 07 Jeep and noticed the same problem. I am standing at a intersection waiting for the light to turn and I am at least 50 ft off. Today, I also had my PDA with iGuidance running and that one had me right on the intersection.

Something is off with nav system.

you know what... maybe vss is tripping out the avic, try disconnecting the vss.. see how your positioning is.. it should only be about 3 ft off without the vss connected. Speed and such with the vehicle dynamics wont work but see if the navi is better, if so, then it is probably the vss connection, maybe a different vss connection is needed

you know what... maybe vss is tripping out the avic, try disconnecting the vss.. see how your positioning is.. it should only be about 3 ft off without the vss connected. Speed and such with the vehicle dynamics wont work but see if the navi is better, if so, then it is probably the vss connection, maybe a different vss connection is needed

Well, today I tried it, I cut the VSS wire and just in case, I put quick connectors on.

I started driving, the map moved, but no cursor. :(

I stopped, reconnected the wire and all is well again. Go figure.

Well, today I tried it, I cut the VSS wire and just in case, I put quick connectors on.

I started driving, the map moved, but no cursor. :(

I stopped, reconnected the wire and all is well again. Go figure.

Hmm... very interesting....

Does your speedo work properly in the vehicle dynamics mode? I noticed that it also shows the same speed indicator under the Hardware Information where it shows the 3D info.