AVIC411.com

Pac SWI and Camera install.

This happened to someone else I know as well, I'm wondering if these units are not that reliable.

If i could I would like to have the PAC SWI unit extended near the footwell in the passenger side, so if the PAC unit acts flakey, you can just reprogram it without having to take the headunit out each time, is this possible?

Hmmmmm,

Last night, I tested it again. NOTHING worked at all, no matter what I did. So I thought, ok, maybe it was a bad unit.

Then,

This morning, I hooked up my boat to take it in for service, and EVERYTHING worked perfectly. I was like, WTF??

Then, on the way home from the boat shop, once again, it was intermittent???

I'm confused, and disapointed. :(

Oh,

By the way, here's what I paid. $225.00 for the Color CCD license plate camera (I'll post the brand later, but it is good quality company that makes a lot of monitors and stuff). $75.00 for labor to install camera.

$75.00 to install the Pac SWI-PS.

They said they lost money, but was giving me a deal because I had already paid for the Z1 install and was a cool dude (okay, I made up that last part, LOL!).

What do you guys think?

They wanted $275.00 for the camera, but I told them, I could get a bunch of various brands for between $125-$225, so the came down to $225.

I dont know of any camera that is more then $150 for the license plate type. Install is relative, so you can only really go off of the the product cost

That sucks. :( Maybe I got burned on the price of the camera. I'll do some research on the price for that brand/model and let you guys know.

I'm pretty happy with the quality, but my favorite part is that it is screwed in from the back, and the only way to get access behind the plate is to lower the huge spare tire, BUT, the spare has a special key that you have to use. So, that relieves my worries that it would be stolen easily. 8)