AVIC411.com

Pac SWI and Camera install.

I'm having the Pac SWI/PS and a rear view license plate camera installed tomorrow in my 05 F250. I already have the Z1 done from the same installer.

I was just wondering what you guys thought would be a fair install price for these two items, considering the Z1 is already wired in.

$50 for camera $25 for swi-ps. dont be surprised if its a little more since the radio and stuff have to come out again now that the z1 is already installed. If you had done it all at once it could of saved only a slight bit of work but many installers would of preferred it that way. for that vehicle try to make sure that you dont get the license plate cam that has a full trim around the license plate and a backing up by where the camera is, such as the platecam by crimestopper. If you do use that one, the camera will surely be pointing more towards the ground then out past your bumper giving you really no view of whats close to your bumper.

I had an f150 so thats why I am familiar with it. Also, make sure that the wiring is tied up real well, its going to require that the installer do some real under your truck work to get the wire nice an hidden like. there is a groomit under the driver seat left side corner kinda, that you should be able to go through with the wire and then on up into the kick panel and dash and then radio. make sure that the groomit isnt just removed and a tiny hole big enough for the wire only to go through is made.

hope this helps

damn is it really that hard to do it yourself? These prices seem so outrageous for something so easy

I'm sure I could do it, but I reailze that I couldn't do it with the same amount of quality as a professional who does this every day. I don't have the patience, tools, or experience to do it properly, so I have no problem paying someone to do it right. :oops:

damn is it really that hard to do it yourself? These prices seem so outrageous for something so easy

For me, the easy part was connecting the camera to the Z1. No brainer. The hard part was fishing the wires through the hatchback (I used the same rubber tubing that the factory used for the taillight wires, etc). That seemed to take forever.

BUMMER! I had the PAC SWI-PS installed today, along with the rear view camera. I sat with the installer as he programmed the unit (he didn't mind, really). It was working perfectly, Volume up/down, Source and next track/Next preset, just what I wanted.

Then, an hour or so later, on the way home from picking up my kids from school, suddenly the volume became intermittent. I tried holding it down for a few seconds, multiple presses, etc.

Now, sometimes Vol up works, while down doesn't, or niether one works.

Any ideas? I guess I'll take it back to the shop and see if they can do anything about it.

Do you think this is an installer problem or a hardware problem, or maybe just an incomapability problem?

HELP? :shock: