AVIC411.com

Picture Adjustment greyed out no matter what in SPH DA-210 AR3

I have been trying to set my dimmer & picture settings for months. I have read & reread the manual. No matter what I do the pane is unavailable. I tried to reset the system but it is also greyed out. I have also pulled the power which appears to reset the system.

When my headlights are out the picture is much too dim & I'd like to make it brighter/adjust color & tint as well.

Please do not say RTFM, I have to the point I can practically quote it.

I just ran out to my car and without connecting the phone (i found the bluetooth connection to not effect it) then go into settings then picture adjustment and the dimmer option was lit up (mine is on +26) for a decent visibility during the day and a not so blinding light at night.

Let me know if this worked for you 

I have the sph-da110 (no dvd) so you may need to remove any disks in the drive idk and try again

I have tried off, connected with a video app running first, connected with nothing running disconnected etc nothing lets me in.

I tried it again after you posted. No phone with me, hit off, then home to get to scroll to settings & the damn thing is unaccessible. 

The manual leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Thanks

weird, i only started up the car let the radio boot, pressed the on screen OK button and at the main screen scrolled to the settings menu, and went straight to the picture adjustment and it was white.

Do you have a microbypass or have it hooked up to the brake, idk if that makes a difference either.

It makes no sense why they dim out certain options, its stupid.

I recently installed a Sony touchscreen unit in my buddies F250, and i couldnt figure out why i couldnt change the rear pre out from subwoofer to full range until I had his batteries unhooked long enough to reset the radio and that subwoofer/full range option was available only on initial startup, thats stupid as well.

Just curious here, I have the bypass as well and I can't change the settings. Is this because the bypass is not working correctly? Shouldn't the deck think that the parking brake is engaged at all times? 

So you went in and removed the bypass, changed the settings and then put the bypass back on to adjust the brightness?  I'm assuming that is why some prefer a toggle switch over the bypass?  Thanks for clarifying.

Just curious here, I have the bypass as well and I can't change the settings. Is this because the bypass is not working correctly? Shouldn't the deck think that the parking brake is engaged at all times? 

So you went in and removed the bypass, changed the settings and then put the bypass back on to adjust the brightness?  I'm assuming that is why some prefer a toggle switch over the bypass?  Thanks for clarifying.

No, i didnt remove the bypass, if you get in the car, turn it on like normal, w/o connecting the phone, go right to the settings menu on the radio, and picture adjustment should not be greyed out.

I dont know if connecting the phone changes the menu options or if when the bypass kicks in that it thinks you have moved or going into app mode greys it out.