AVIC411.com

Anyway to get bluetooth working on a D1?

OK,

I got some definitive answers just now from Pioneer's Tech line (1-800 Tech Car)

In terms of operability, Yes it will work with ALL AVIC models, but the functionality will be extremely limited.

It WILL NOT transfer any phone book data, touch screen dialing is definitely not happening either.

There are plans to release a CDBTB200 that will support fully the AVIC-D3, neither of which will be available until May at the earliest. He was also kind enough to inform me that there will be no BT devices that will support reverse compatibility for any AVIC models prior to the D3 etc..

-Technyne
[quote name="whtcrxghst"]Probably confused and was thinking about the upcoming D3

[quote name="esmith13"]I called Pioneer tech support and they claimed this BT unit would work just fine with the D2...

I'm starting to wonder WHAT to believe...[/quote][/quote]

Actually no, Pioneer (1-800 Pioneer) did in fact misquote myself & Esmith to say it would work, In reality it will "work" but the functionality sucks bad.

-Technyne