AVIC411.com

Anyway to get bluetooth working on a D1?

Not really. The D1/D2 will only recognize the bluetooth adaptors as external devices so it will be extremely difficult to use. Plus it will not display the last two numbers of the phone #

[quote name="fmalgapo"]I would love to add a feature to my car to have bluetooth phones over the speakers. I know the Z-1 and 6800 models allow this with the pioneer bluetooth module. Any way this can work for our D1/D2?[/quote]
But it does display something ??? IN other words, it does recognize the pioneer BT module and will work over car speakers, display isnt a big deal for me since the numbers are all saved on the phone, and I know them all anyway, but if there's some indication on the screen that I'm calling that number and it actually works, im happy..
No. Its the P-bus model that works with the 6800/7800dvd. The CD-BTB100. Not sure it has been released yet though

[quote name="fmalgapo"]If someone can confirm that this does work: Pioneer ND-BT1 and will display at least partial phone number dialed on an AVIC-D1.....

[img]http://i5.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/29/0d/e1_1_sbl.JPG[/img]

I WILL PICK IT UP AND BE A HAPPY PERSON!![/quote]
Told me at CES. Apparently since it works through the P-bus, any P-bus deck will recognize it as EXT1 or EXT2, but they won't say it because it wasn't designed to be used with past decks, thus the interface is awful. Kinda like the ipod adaptor on a seven year old P-bus cd player. It will work, just like crap

[quote name="fmalgapo"]How are you sure it will even interface with a D1 since its a pre-release item?[/quote]
  • 6 months later...
The BT100 is an absolute pain in the ass to use and program, I installed one in a customer's vehicle last week and I hated it. The customer seemed to deal with it, but I was expecting much better. It's not much better than the old-school hands-free kits that held the phone on the cradle and you still had to dial out from the phone, but you had a separate mic and speaker. This install was with an AVIC-N2, maybe the D2 will fare much better, but I doubt it. Horrible, horrible, horrible. Shame on you, Pioneer. The BT100 was made to work with the AVH-P6800/7800DVD, so don't tell us that it works with other units with "limited functionality". Just tell us the thing works like crap and we won't be disappointed with you. Sorry, went off on a rant there.
Pioneer never said it would work. All it took was someone plugging it in and trying it to say it worked with Limited Functionality. The first line in the literature on the CDBTB100 is something like Only designed to work with the 6800 and 7800DVD. Can't shame them for making it that clear
I guess the guys at Pioneer figured this out when the American lit was going to press. I ordered the BT100 for a customer after seeing the Euro info link and got happy. Then the part got here, I got the car in, there was screaming and cussing and disappointment, then I was in the fetal position under my workbench. I won't try that again.