AVIC411.com

AVIC N1 with 60 discs - Ipod Mod better graphical interface

Thanks for all your guys great information and being a great resource.

The good ol' ebay guy... - he states that he will mod the ipod interface for the n1:

"*BELOW YOU WILL FIND THE OPTIONS THAT ARE MOSTLY NONFUNCTIONAL BY LOADING N3 SOFTWARE ON YOUR N1 THAT WILL NOW WORK PERFECTLY WITH THIS SERVICE."

"*ipod DISPLAY WITH FULL IPOD GRAPHICAL SCREEN WITH TOUCH PANEL CONTROL WILL APPEAR ON FULL SCREEN WITH IPOD ADAPTER [ CD-IB100 II ]. WITHOUT THIS ENHANCED MOD, SCREEN WILL BE BLANK..ONLY DIGITS WILL APPEAR IN TOP RIGHT"

http://cgi.ebay.com/AVIC-UPGRADE-HARDWA ... dZViewItem

any confirmation on this? I would assume the right data image would update the software if it is infact possible... any help is very appreciated.

Thanks again!

appreciate the response and broad knowledge base - imagine if we could get this kind of support by calling Pioneer... the one we spend all our loot on :roll:

Is the chip available to purchase and would it be practical? The bypass mod was pushing it for me - dunno about unsoldering a chip...

Are there any other disadvantages/differences of the N1 vs. N3 besides the ipod and xm graphical changes?

Looks like the D3 is a great alternative at its price-point if you can fit it... anyone wanna buy a n1 soldered with 60 discs?

Thanks again!

Are there any other disadvantages/differences of the N1 vs. N3 besides the ipod and xm graphical changes?

Nope, aside from all blue buttons on the n3 instead of green ones on the N1. I have an N3 and my friend has an N1 (upgraded to n3 software). They do the same thing.

As for the ipod interface, its really not worth it. Its still slow to scroll through names, and if I have the screen up I think that displaying the map looks cooler then the ipod screen. If the display showed the album covers, then it would be pretty cool but as it is, its not worth paying 275$ for.